Chapter 25

9:23 PM

I shoved another spoonful of cold vanilla ice cream into my mouth as I plopped my feet up and continued to binge watch Sons of Anarchy. It was my day off and I had done nothing besides drag myself downstairs to the laundry room to wash my pile of clothes that had been building up.

My eyes were stuck on the television as I heard my phone vibrating next to me. I picked it up to unlock it and instantly I forgot how to breathe as the wind was knocked out of me completely.

Austin: Hey I'm here.

My heart skipped a beat as I saw his message on my phone screen.

He had texted me earlier that day to let me know that his tour had just wrapped up and he would be flying to New York soon, but I didn't realize that he meant he would be coming over tonight.

He's Post Malone Amy, he can just jump on a plane anytime he wants and go wherever he wants.

I glanced down at just the t shirt I was wearing, scrambled off of the couch and rushed to fix my hair in the mirror. I quickly threw on a pair of leggings and sprayed a bit of floral perfume.

It had been a whole month since we'd seen each other. We were texting back and forth during his Canada tour, as I promised to keep him updated on the baby and my appointments. But I was still beyond nervous to see him again in person.

I anxiously hurried through my living room and collected myself before I unlocked my apartment door.

Austin stood in front of me with his hands shoved in his front pockets.

He wore light denim jeans, a long sleeve black shirt and a backwards baseball hat with some of his longer curls peaking out. I couldn't help but notice he had a fresh dark tattoo of a small heart under the playboy bunny and smiley face on his cheek.

He gave me a nervous smile, looking down at me as if he hadn't seen me in years.

"Hey you.." He muttered as his hands left his pockets and he instantly snaked his arms around my waist to hug me. I stood on my tip toes as I wrapped my arms eagerly around his neck and breathed in his scent.

God did I miss him.

"Hey." I breathed out, never wanting him to let me out of his embrace.

I wondered if he had any idea what he was doing to me everytime he held me in his arms for an seemingly innocent hug.

I always felt out of control every time I was that close to his body.

"Come in." I said as we let go of each another and as I closed the door shut behind him.

"I didn't realize you were going to be in New York tonight. You said soon but I didn't realize how soon." I chuckled.

"I'm sorry to just show up like this but I thought it would be easier to come here first before I go home to Utah." He replied.

"Its okay, it's no problem at all." I quickly told him.

"Were you busy?" He asked as glanced over to see the pint of ice cream on the coffee table.

"No, not really. I mean if you consider eating junk food and watching Netflix as being busy. " I laughed.

"Amelia, there's like a million ice cream flavors in the world and you still always eat vanilla?" He rolled his eyes at me lightly chuckling as he shook his head.

"I'm a creature of habit." I shrugged. "Vanilla is the best flavor, there's no changing my mind." I said smiling as I gazed up at his face.

"Your new tattoo looks good on you." I blurted out before I even realized that I was complimenting him.