Chapter 23

I stood wearily in front of the mirror in the bathroom and splashed my face with ice cold water. I was hoping it would somehow stop the exhaustion in it's tracks from entirely consuming me.

I looked down at my navy blue scrubs that were gradually becoming tighter around my stomach. I rubbed my bump and managed to smile, despite the daze I was in.

I sluggishly trudged my way back to the nurses station and sat down at my desk. I tried my best to fight my heavy eyelids that were threatening to doze me off into a deep slumber.

I didn't get a single minute of sleep the night before. I could not stop myself from continuously replaying what had happened.

Me and Austin had finally saw each other after months and months of absolutely zero contact.

I was not expecting him to show up at my apartment out of the blue. I was not expecting to have to tell him I was pregnant so abruptly. And I definitely was not expecting him to take it so well.

But one thing was expected.

I had missed him more than I can find the words to say.

I couldn't stop imagining his perfect face in front of me.

His sharp gaze, his alluring smile, his pink lips that looked even softer than I remembered.

I thought about how I was unable to control my body's reaction to his affectionate touch. I just wanted to melt inside his arms and stay locked in his embrace for a lifetime. Or even longer.

How badly I just wanted to reach up and bring his face close to mine, bring his lips close to mine, so I could taste his warm kiss once again.

I could only reminisce on how passionately he would kiss me after we hadn't seen each other for long periods of time.

I wondered if he was fighting the same burning urge as I was?

No.

He couldn't be.

I slightly cursed myself for even thinking about someone's else boyfriend in that way. I needed to control my emotions.

But that's the thing. This wasn't just someone else's boyfriend. This was Austin.

And for some reason, when it came to him, any hint of self control I had, was immediately tossed out of the window.

I looked up as I felt a hand grip onto my shoulder, interrupting my daydream.

"Hey I got your text this morning. Sooo what's the news?" Michelle said with excitement as she plopped down next to me at the nurses station.

I shook my head and nervously smiled. "Well.. Are you ready for this?"

Michelle anxiously nodded for me to go on with widened eyes.

"Austin came to my apartment last night."

"Shut up! Shut the fuck up! Oh my God seriously Amy? What happened? Did he see your pregnant belly? Was he excited? Did you get back together?" She asked nonstop as I arched my eyebrows at her.

"Did you have make up sex? Was it good?" She whispered.

"Woah woah hold on, slow down." I laughed. "First off, I was wearing a baggy shirt so no, he didn't see my belly. I had to tell him I was pregnant, which was incredibly nerve racking."

"He was in shock at first but he seemed really excited, I guess. He told me he's going to come to my next appointment with me. He's still super busy with work right now but he said he's going to be taking some time off after she's born."