Chapter 39

I woke up a few hours later to hear Ava crying again loudly from her room.

I tried to squeeze my eyes shut and fall back asleep since Austin offered that he was going to take care of her tonight.

But after constantly tossing and turning for nearly ten minutes, and thinking about what almost happened between me and him, of course I was wide awake now.

I sighed as I got out of the bed and silently walked through living room to finally reach her nursery.

As I peaked in the doorway, I saw Austin softly singing to her, rocking her back and forth. He held a bottle in his hand as he tried to feed her.

To say it melted my heart everytime I saw them together would be an understatement.

He held her close in his arms as she continued to whimper.

"Shh don't cry sweetheart. I'm right here." He whispered to console her. "I'm sorry I was gone. I had to leave for a little while but I'm here now. I'll always come back to you and mommy. I hate being away from both of you."

My heart sank as I heard him mention me. What did he mean by that? He almost sounded like I was a part of the reason he cut short traveling and rushed home.

I tried to make sense of his words as I went into the kitchen. I opened the cabinet and reached for a glass and poured myself some water from the fridge.

Just as I was about to sneak back to my bedroom, I saw Austin come out of Ava's room.

"Hey you." He gave me a smile that instantly sent my heart racing.

"Hey." I said quietly, pushing my disheveled waves out of my face and returned a small smile.

"I'm sorry I hope we didn't wake you up." He said as he walked closer toward me. He was wearing just a pair of pajamas pants that hung dangerously low.

Stop staring and have some self control Amy, he already caught you gawking at him earlier.

"Its okay. I heard her crying and then I couldn't fall back asleep to save my life." I rolled my eyes. "Is she okay?" I asked, trying my best to act normal.

"Yeah. She's fine. I got her to go back to sleep even though it took a little while." He replied as he ran his fingers through his fluffy bed head.

"Nice shirt by the way. Isn't that mine?" He smirked, pointing towards my pajamas that was just barely covering my legs.

I looked down to realize I was wearing his Bud Light t shirt that he had given me when we first started dating. I felt my cheeks flush a deep red as I tried to pull it down further over my exposed thighs as he walked closer and closer to me.

"Uh- yeah, it is." I mumbled, completely embarrassed that he found out I still wore his shirts to sleep.

"My clothes have always looked better on you." He chuckled.

"Come here I wanna show you something." He grabbed onto my hand and intertwined our fingers.

I felt my body shaking as he led me to the couch. I kept replaying us almost kissing in my mind over and over again.

Yet he was calm and relaxed as if nothing had almost happened between us.

Though I was confused on how to behave around him, it's like I couldn't control any of my actions when he spoke to me.

He let go of my hand and pulled out his phone as we sat down barely inches away from each other. He pulled up a video from his most recent show. The crowd was going crazy as he smashed the guitar and fire shot up from behind him. He scrolled through his camera roll showing me different pictures from his concert.