Chapter26

Hello everyone!

Here is a new chapter!

Enjoy!

*************

"Damn that stupid program." Anna cursed and snapped her laptop shut.

A startled Mary took off her headphones and looked with confusion at her roommate.

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing, I just got frustrated with that program. I tried everything in hopes of solving it, but nothing worked." Anna sighed and lied down on her bed.

"Do we have homework?" Mary asked in panic. She didn't remember any assignments were given today.

"No, we don't have any work. I am just doing extra credit work for Maths and computer science classes."

Mary raised an eyebrow and looked at her friend strangely.

"Are you serious? You are like a genius in our class. You have answers for everything even for the impossible questions. I don't think you will need extra classes to help you with your grades. Girl, you scored A in all our tests. Do you want to go over one hundred?"

"I do it just for fun." Anna shrugged indifferently.

But internally she was screaming. Only if you knew, I am struggling here to solve this mystery, but all my attempts are futile. It had been two weeks since Anna got the files from the headmaster's office. She dedicated all her free time to decipher the words in front of her. She even requested Simon's help, but he was as clueless as her.

She asked Ethan to seek help from more advanced specialists, but he declined immediately. Apparently, they didn't trust anyone else with this delicate information.

"Now, how about you forget your studies a little and come with me?" Mary hopped up from her bed and went to her closet.

"May I ask where are we going?" Anna asked confused.

Without answering her, Mary started throwing different dresses Anna's way. When satisfied with her choices, Mary turned to her shocked friend and raised an eyebrow.

"If you are going to just sit here and stare at nothing, then the party would be over before we arrive."

"Party? And why would I be interested in going to a party I am not invited to?"

"Actually we are invited. I met Alex today, and he said we are welcome to come to his welcome party. He is holding it at his house so you need to move it. Party starts at 22:00, and it's already 20:30." Mary informed Anna as she arranged the make-up they needed.

Anna was going to protest but thought against it. She really needed some time out from the mayhems going on in her life. She started rummaging through the pile of dresses on her bed. She took a simple black dress that comes just above her knees. She lifted it and looked at Mary for approval. The blonde girl gave her thumbs up and went back to her searching.

One hour later, both girls were ready to leave. Anna with a black dress and matched heels, she opted to straight her hair and put light make-up in the form of red lipstick and eyeliner. Compared to Mary, Anna looked like a nun as her roommate wore a mid-tight short red dress with black high heels. She completed her appearance by curling her blonde hair and turning all of it to one side. For make-up, she put a dark eye shadow that highlighted her green eyes and blood-red lipstick.

 For make-up, she put a dark eye shadow that highlighted her green eyes and blood-red lipstick