Chapter32

Hello everyone!

I am sorry for the delay in updating. Honestly, I didn't have the inspiration to write a good chapter these past days, but now I am back with new events.

This story is coming to an end. There is one more chapter, two maximum, then it is the epilogue.

Warning: This Chapter contains violence and foul language.

Here is a new chapter! Enjoy!

***********

"Is he awake yet?" Caroline asked her brother in law as soon as they entered Hunter's room.

Edward who just finished cleaning his nephew's injury looked up at his brother and his wife. He tried to smile gently to ease the woman's worry.

"He woke up two hours earlier. And just before you arrived, I gave him some painkillers so he can sleep and rest."

Caroline's face shone in utter happiness. She smiled so big and hugged Edward then she rushed to her son's bed. She clasped one of his now slightly warm hands and kissed his knuckles gently.

Damien who saw past his brother's fake smile motioned for him to follow him outside the room.

The two men left Caroline to her happiness with the promise to visit later. Once they were out of earshot, Damien stopped walking and looked up at his brother. Edward understood the unspoken question.

"When I arrived later, Hunter was awake. But he was out of control. According to his doctor, it took him mere minutes to remember the accident. He immediately started yanking every tube from his arms and emerged from his room looking for Anna. Even with our men, it was a struggle to put him back to bed. I walked in the scene when they were trying to sedate him. I stopped them and ordered everyone out. I let him take it out of his system. I am glad Caroline was with you because the room was a total mess. When finally he was calm enough to listen, I talked to him for a little while then gave him some painkillers. Now, he is asleep but it won't be for long. Be ready to contain him because believe me, he is a raging bull." Edward advised his brother.

Damien ran his hand through his dark hair. Those past days were very frustrating and exhausting and on top of it, he had to deal with his unreasonable son.

"I am in the office with Jason and Ethan should you need me. Keep an eye on him for me. When he wakes up, just leave him and come to fetch me, I will deal with him."

Damien entered his office to find Jacob sitting on one of the many sofas around. He nodded at the man and took his chair behind the desk. The two men sat silently for a moment.

"Karen is torn. She didn't stop crying since Anna disappeared. I don't want the history to repeat itself."

Without any farther explanation, Damien understood which history his friend was talking about. Losing a little girl each took a toll on them. The circumstances were different and not related, but the results were the same, pain and desperation.

"It won't happen again, Jacob. I promise I won't allow those bastards to be the reason for my son's pain or my family's pain. If you and Karen consider Anna as a daughter, then she is family for me. And on top of it, my son loves her. I can see it in his eyes, and you know Hunter, he won't give up." Jacob nodded his head, grateful for his friend's words because if Damien Salviatti gave you a promise, he will die before breaking it.

"So, what are we going to do?" Jacob asked.

"I have an idea, but I don't know if it will work." Damien powered his computer and started typing.

***************

Anna's eyelids started to flutter open. She blinked several times to adjust her eyes to the dimly illuminated room. Anna felt her mind foggy and for a moment, she forgot where she was. She tried to rub her eyes to scrub the soreness from them only to realize her hands were tied behind her back.