Chaper28

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all doing well.

I can't describe how much I am sorry that I didn't update in more than two months. But life was hectic this period, and I was very busy with exams and homework. Anyone who attends high school or university should understand.

So here is a new chapter!

Enjoy!

A little note: the picture I put above is of "Diane Kurger" who would be Hunter's Mom in the story. I don't own any pictures and all rights are reserved for their owners.

**************

The atmosphere on the jet was full of tension. Anna started regretting her decision in following Hunter and taking this ride towards the unknown. She tried talking to him and starting a conversation but all her attempts were rejected. She never saw Hunter that devastated. He kept a collected front, but she wasn't fooled by his pretence.

She knew he was nervous and sad, his eyes betrayed him. He wasn't able to keep them emotionless as usual. They were swirling with so many emotions Anna found looking at them quite painful.

Anna sighed in frustration and stood up from her seat. She joined Ethan at the small kitchen where he was sitting at the counter and drinking while typing away on his laptop. Anna opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of orange juice. She opened one of the cabinets and grabbed two glasses and filled them with the cold liquor.

"don't even think about offering one of those to Hunter. You won't like his reaction." Ethan advised her without looking up from his work.

Anna shook her head and decided to follow his instructions. After all, he was his brother and would know him better than her.

"what are you doing?" Anna voiced her curiosity.

"working," Ethan answered her and took a sip from his drink.

"are you sure you are in the right mindset to work?" Anna asked in wonder.

"work doesn't wait for you to sort through your problems and pull your crap together. So whether I was in the right mindset or not, I must work."

Anna just sat there watching his fingers flying across the keyboard. She really wondered if the people in this family were real humans. They all act so strangely, not to talk about the speed they change their minds. It was really scaring her right now. She was in the middle of chaos bigger than her. How will she handle all of that?

It was time she followed Ethan's motto and do her work.

With the glass in her hand, she returned to her seat and grabbed her laptop from her backpack. She was grateful that Hunter took it on his way out from the Cafeteria. Anna opened the folder where she kept all files related to the mission and started working on deciphering them.

Twenty minutes later, a shocked gasp from Anna drew the Salviatti boys' attention. They moved to the couch where she was sitting and looked as words were running rapidly on the screen.

"What is this?" Ethan asked while Hunter just stood with his arms crossed over his chest waiting for a response.

"I think our trip to Russia was in vain."

"elaborate." It was the first word Hunter said since they embarked on the plane.

"well from what I have here, the information was coming from a man in Italy. He is the one planning against us with the help of another Russian. There are no names here, but you are the targets that for sure." Anna explained.