Chapter29

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well.

I am sorry for my late updates but life has been so busy these past days.

Anyway, here is a new chapter.

Enjoy!

************

"Hi," Anna said gently as she entered Hunter's mother's room.

The woman's green eyes snapped open and she eyed her visitor suspiciously.

"Who are you?" she asked hoarsely.

Anna felt uncomfortable under the woman's gaze. Geez, the members of this family are really strange. She just woke up from a five years coma, but she can make anyone sweat. Anna cleared her throat and tried to compose herself.

"Hi Mrs. Salviatti, I am Anna, Hunter's friend."

"Hi dear, come on, have a seat." The blonde woman said with a gentle smile gracing her features. Anna shook her head at the contrast from earlier but felt more relaxed with this version of Hunter's mother.

"How are you doing Mrs. Salviatti?"

"since you are Hunter's friendة you can call me Caroline. After five years of endless sleep, I can say I am ready to start living again, I can't wait to walk out of here." Caroline said with a chagrined smile on her face.

Anna felt awkward and didn't find any words to say. It wasn't every day you speak to someone who just awoke from a five years coma.

Why do you have to put yourself in those situations? You will look like a crazy girl if you just sit there and say nothing.

"so, tell me more about yourself, how did you meet my son?" Caroline brought Anna back from her internal debate. Anna looked up and cleared her throat.

"He is my schoolmate; we met at the beginning of the year." Caroline arched her brow unbelievingly which made Anna clarify her answer, "I mean we met at the beginning of the school year since I was a new student at his school."

Caroline laughed loudly with her eyes crinkling in joy. The sound of her laugher made Anna's shoulders sage in relief even if it was at her expense.

"you want me to believe that my son came here with a random girl he met at school. I might have been out for five years, but that doesn't mean I forgot my sons' personalities. You must be so special for him, dear." The woman said in a matter of fact voice.

"No, believe me, I am not that special. I am just a friend," Anna said in an attempt to convince Caroline, but she knew it won't work. Even she can't believe her words. She knew how special she was to Hunter, but she didn't want to be the one to tell his mother about their relationship. It just doesn't feel right.

Her words resulted in another hearty laugh from Caroline, the blonde found the situation hilarious. She never expected her son to find himself a girl like this. The Hunter she knew and was sure didn't change was wild and difficult, how did he catch Anna's attention was beyond her. Before she could retort in another sarcastic comment, the door burst open and Damian walked in the room. He didn't give her any chance to compose herself and engulfed her in a tight hug.

Caroline couldn't help herself and wrapped her arms tightly around his chest. Damian's scent surrounded her; it was a nice change from hospital and medicine's scents. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, it was the first time since what felt like forever she felt that calm and safe.

Damien squeezed his wife to his chest. For him, seeing her eyes were like an impossible miracle, but it happened. He pushed her gently and looked at her glossy green eyes. They were the same, nothing changed. He kissed her forehead affectionately and pulled away.