Epilogue

Hello everyone!

I am sorry for the lack of updating.

My grandmother died last month and I wasn't in the mood to write anything.

Anyway here is the epilogue.

Enjoy!!!

*****************

Anna groaned and put a pillow over her head. The knocking on her door was insistent and didn't stop even for a second.

"Anna, come on you have to wake up. We don't want extra laps early in the morning." Aiden's voice came through the door.

Anna sighed and sat up on her bed. She ran her hands through her untamed hair.

Like every day, the first thing Anna did was checking her phone hoping to find a missed call or at least a small message from Hunter.

And like always, her notification bar was empty. With another sigh, Anna got up and went to the bathroom. She made it quickly, changing her pajamas and wearing her gym's uniform. She tied her hair and exited the room.

Anna opened her door to find Aiden leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and a scowl taking over his face.

"You are late." Those were the first words her brother said.

"Good morning to you too, dear brother," Anna said with her puppy dog eyes.

Aiden uncrossed his arms and smiled at Anna, "you will be the death of me." He kissed her forehead and together they headed to the yard, where Matt and Jacob were already there waiting for them.

"Good morning, sorry I am late." Anna apologized making her best to look innocent.

"Good morning to you all. Two additional laps after we are done," Jacob said and started running expecting them to obey his order.

"Your puppy eyes don't work on him," Matt commented and followed his father's lead.

Aiden chuckled and ruffled Anna's hair before he followed his brother. Anna shook her head and started running as well. Jacob was the same, he didn't change at all.

Well, he treated Anna better than the first time she met him but he remained the same overbearing controlling man.

Anna came to learn it was in his nature and it was his way of treating everyone close to him.

Anna can't deny her feelings about the man. He was like a father figure in her life which made her feel safe and cared for, two notions that were foreign to her until now.

As usual, the workout session was intense and tiring but Anna learned how to let it help her relax and feel refreshed.

This time, Karen saved them from the penalty laps with the excuse it was graduation night and her children must look stunning and not like some ragged dolls.

It stills amazes Anna how a strict man like Jacob melts in front of his wife. Karen had the man around her little finger and can make him so anything she wishes.

Anna went to her room and took a much-needed bath. She soaked in the hot tub and sighed in pleasure as relief washed over her aching muscles.

She dried her body with a fluffy white towel and wore her clothes. She opted for black skinny jeans and a simple blue shirt. She left her hair down to dry and went downstairs to have breakfast.

Anna was the last one to arrive at the table and sat next to Karen. Everyone started eating in comfortable silence.

"Are you going to the graduation party tonight?" Matt asked.