Chapter33

Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well.

Here is a new chapter!

Enjoy!

*************

The pain was unbearable, and Anna struggled to steady her ragged breaths. She looked around the room, observed the yellowing walls and even inhaled the stench odour. Maybe, it would be the last time she can see the world and feel it. She did all she could at the moment to avoid looking at the blood oozing from her thigh rapidly.

At this rate, she will die before anyone comes to her rescue. The bastard stabbed her in a sensitive place and knew very well she won't last long. Anna wiggled her arms and stiffened. She cursed under her breath as she realised that the ropes Lucca used were made with the same material Jackson used on them in the training camp last summer.

She closed her eyes and tried to remember how Jackson instructed them to unknot it. Anna struggled to let her fingers touch the ropes. The way Lucas used them was tighter than Jackson. Her frantic movements resulted in the chair falling with a loud thud on the floor.

Anna's eyes enlarged in fear and anticipation. For a moment, she stopped breathing waiting for one of Lucca's men's entrance to see what the commotion was about. One minute passed without anyone bragging in which made Anna relax for the moment. The new position Anna found herself in wasn't very helpful and made the pain in her thigh intensify. Anna bit the inside of her cheek harder and willed her focus to be on the ropes only.

Thirty seconds later, Anna freed her hands and rubbed her wrists to alleviate the soreness in them. She moved to her ankles and freed them as well. She hoped Lucca wasn't as heartless as he let them believe because he would surely kill her this time if he found her free from his binds.

Anna knelt on her knees and tried to calm her speeding heart. By the way, the organ was beating, Anna feared it would burst in the confines of her ribcage. Anna sat on the wooden chair with trembling hands.

She wasn't a doctor or a lover of science but her injury didn't look well at all. She knew she had to put pressure on it, but she didn't have any clean clothes. Even the clothes she was wearing were dirty and would likely infect her.

Anna put her hand on the gash that was throbbing with pain and squeezed tightly. It won't change much, but at least, it would slow the quick flow of her blood. She stood up from her chair and looked around for any escapes, but nothing was available. The room was windowless apart from a small window at the top of the tall wall. The gap wouldn't even be enough for a small child to squeeze through. Anna sighed and wished for this nightmare to end.

Anna's breath caught in her throat as she heard the rattling of keys. She swallowed hard and sat on the chair with her hands behind her back trying to appear as normal as possible.

Lucca was the first to enter the room with two of his men behind him. One of them was dragging a bloodied Alex with him. Anna gasped as the burly man threw him at her feet. Lucca signaled for his men to leave them alone. He gave Anna a sick smile and shook his head.

"Tsk, tsk...I didn't know you are this stupid Alex. I was the one who helped you take revenge against the killers of your family. And how do you repay me? You went behind my back and snitched to them. You made the mistake of your life little boy." Lucca said and fetched his gun from his back, without even a blink, he shot Alex in the left shoulder.

Anna closed her eyes and willed the same could be possible for her ears so she could block the piercing scream Alex let out. She opened her eyes once again when she felt cold fingers touching her chin only to come face to face with Lucca's cold eyes.