Family Problems

You have to get up every morning and tell yourself 'I can do this.'

-Julie Ertz

Y/n's POV

I look up from my lock screen to see the beauty who is on it. "Hey Baby." I look up at her with a soft smile. She just crawls into my embrace. "What's going on in that pretty head of yours?" She snuggles closer into me, "Well, I may have heard the Moms going at it hard." Woah, woah hold up, she just said the Moms, like as if they were her Moms... Am I just overreacting or? "Don't worry, if I can't hear it from out here, then they are going easy." She laughs, then looks up at me with some kind of flair in her eyes. She softly connects our lips, which quickly turns heated. She moves down to my neck and finds my soft spot. "Lydia!" I smack her on the back, "Oops." She's looking at my neck. I get up and go to the bathroom and look in the mirror, "Shit. Shit. I am so fucking screwed!" I spot a little bottle on concealer. "Thank God!" I quickly apply it to the spot.

We are at the dinner table, and I see Mom eyeing down the spot where the hickey is, "So, uh, Y/n?" I look up at her, and try to play it cool, "Yo." Real Tobin move right there. "Is that makeup on your neck?" She says pointing to the exact spot. "What, pffftttt, no." I laugh internally, knowing how textbook that is. She comes over to the side of the table I'm on, and licks her finger, and rubs the concealer straight off (kinda like my sexuality when I met Lydia). "Well looky what we have here. My daughter's first hickey!" I cringe so hard, to the point my jaw hurt. I look over at Lydia, she looks about as awkward as someone who just got diarrhea at their friend's house, clogged the toilet and is trying to tell that friends Mom. "Just keep the door open tonight," Ali adds, nonchalant. "Will do Ma-" 

Mom looks at me with the sweetest look. "I know, I know, I almost called her Mama. She has been a big part of my life. One of my biggest supporters. I'll just say it, I love you, Mama." Mama has tears in her eyes, and Lydia looks as if that friend's Mom had just said that she would clean out the toilet and make sure nobody knew about it, and even get you extra pants. 

After dinner, we all decided we should watch a movie, and we chose 'She's The Man', the perfect movie to watch with a bunch of gays.

We are about 30 minutes into the movie, and Lyds all of a sudden leaves the room. Mom, Mama, and I share a look, "What's that about?" Mom whispers. I shrug my shoulders, "I'll go check on her." I get up and go down the hallway, first checking my room. "Lydia. Babe, come on." I pull out my phone, "What's mine is yours. Every breath I take, every choice I make. All my pain washed away in the blink of an eye. You saved me." She was feeling left out. I know that for sure. She always spaces herself from everyone when feeling left out. 

I open up my bedroom door and see my girlfriend curled up, in my blankets, with her face hidden. "Lyds, what's up?" She looks up at me, "I fucking hate my family." This comes as a shock. She always speaks highly of her parents, but her sister... "Is it your sister?" She slowly shakes her head, then places it in the crook of my neck. 

So here's the tea: Her sister is six years older. So, 18. She was a top recruit, already had a scholarship lined up with Penn State. But, some shit happened, fights, broken relationships, all of that stuff. She was also offered a spot on Melbourne City, in the W-League. She had previously rejected it, but then called back the manager, or whoever, and accepted the spot. She has absolutely torn it up, being the league's leading scorer. And the story is yet to be continued.

"She's coming home."

AN: Should the next chapter be Lydia's sister coming home?