Premature Ventricular Contraction

PVCs or what you call premature ventricular contractions are extra heartbeats that begin in one of your heart's two lower pumping chambers (ventricles). These extra beats disrupt your regular rhythm, sometimes causing you to feel a fluttering or a skipped beat in your chest . . . . and so on and so forth.

It's been 2 hours since this conference has started and nothing seems caught my attention. It's all the same, we discuss patients and how to manage their illnesses.

Oh by the way, I'm Ma. Deanna Izabella Alvizo Wong, MD a known Cardiothoracic Surgeon the youngest in this field. Finished my degree at Harvard and had my internship at John Hopkins Hospital. I'm the middle child yet the most favored one, based on what people see. I should be happy right? But no, hell no, my parent's are the epitome of what you call the "Tiger Parents", they control my life 100%.

They're like, "you should do this" "do that" "be like that" "act like this" and the list go on. But despite of how they treated me, I still respect and love them, well parents ko sila eh and I should be thankful na din sa kanila kasi I am where I am right now ng dahil na din sa kanila, so yeah.

The conference ended after 5 freaking hours at wala naman akong naintindihan, kasi I don't know why I am preoccupied and out of focus today. I'm now on my way sa office, it's been months, 4 months to be exact na dumating ako ng Pinas after 8 years sa US. So yun 4 months na ako dito, 4 months ko na din hinihiling na one day ay magtagpo kami uli.

While I was walking papunta sa office ko, nadaanan ko ang Sports Medicine department, they gave so much attention for sports medicine, ang ganda ng facilities nila I thought. I was about to turn right when I caught a glimpse of a lady, a beautiful lady to be exact inside the elavator, it gave me PVC it must be her, she's the only one who can give me PVCs.

I tried to run towards the elavator, wait! I shouted but I was seconds too late, seconds too late again.

But no! I won't let it slip this time. I ran towards the fire exit, I used the stairs, impossible as it may sound but yeah I got no choice, I need to know if it was her, I want to give it a try. It's just 2 floors, I'm athletic I can catch up.

Yes! I was able to catch up at nasilayan ko siya. Oo siya nga, wala ng ibang. Pero, palabas na sila ng building at di ko na kailangan pa siyang habulin. Am I too late?

Nakita ko nga siya, masaya ako dapat, pero why I am not? Is it because of the person she was with? Magkaibigan lang sila I convinced myself. Do not assume unless stated.

I stared at them heading for their car, holding each others hand sweetly. I glimpse at them before I turn my back. I guess I was late again.

So, andito na ako sa office ko. Di naman ganun kalaki pero it serves it purpose. I checked the charts of the patients, yung mga for operation and tapos na. I keep myself busy para makalimutan ang aking nasilayan kanina.

Yeah, it hurts and it bothers me. One of the reason why I accepted the offer here sa Philippines is because of her.

It's still her. Will always be her. I can't imagine or see myself with someone else. While I was at the US I focus on achieveing my goals immidiately so I could go back here. So I could explain myself, and have her back.

But, I guess I'm too late. She seems happy, I should move on siguro. I don't wanna ruin whatever relationship na meron sila. Sabi nga nila, loving someone doesn't mean you have to own them. And yes, her happiness is the most important, she's happy then I have to be happy for her, even though I'm not the one who's making her happy.