T͟h͟e͟ M͟a͟ ͟gi͟c͟i͟a͟n͟

Normani rushed around her two bedroom apartment trying to get everything she needed ready for her show tonight. She had gotten a gig at New York's third most exclusive club, Club Montreal, and wanted to make an impression so she could come back. Of course, that didn't just mean looking like a snack, but pulling off her disappearing act. 😁

She was franticly opening drawer after drawer to try and find the black tail to the white and black body suit.

"Ah ha!" She yelled a little too loudly

"Ah ha!" She yelled a little too loudly. Lowering her voice to a whisper, she pulled out the black tail coat and slipped it over her body. She already had the tights and shoes on, and she wasn't about to bring a cane to Club Montreal so she just needed her hat.

But where was it? She had just worn it two days ago at her last gig in Manhattan it couldn't have just disappeared...then again, she could disappear, maybe the hat did, too. An ear piercing cry rang throughout the apartment and Normani mentally cursed.

"I'm coming, Saph!" She yelled, speed walking to the nursery. Sapphire Evans was throwing another temper tantrum and this morning, Normani couldn't deal with it. "Sap, look. I need to find my hat okay, it's big and black and I really need it for tonight." She pleased. The six month old just continued crying. "You're right." Normani frowned. "The hat makes me look weird anyway. Come on, let's get you some food and a clean diaper." Normani picked up her daughter from her white crib and walked into the kitchen with her. Sapphire started chewing on the ends of Normani's freshly curled hair, making her laugh. That girl sure liked to just...chew. "Food is on the way, Saph. Stop chewing on mommy's hair before I have to redo it." She instructed, removing her hair from the babies mouth.

The timer went off, signaling that breakfast was ready. "Okay Saph, this morning we have oatmeal!" Normani said excitedly. Sapphire just stared blankly at the mush her mother called food. "No." She whined. "Six months and the only words you learn are no and yes. You only ever say no, Sapphire! Eat the damn oatmeal and stop complaining about the five star meals I provide for you on a daily!" Normani yelled. She could have sworn on her two index fingers that that baby looked at her, rolled her eyes, and dug her hand in the bowl of mush. But the woman didn't have time do ponder her babies weird behavior, her best friend Alisha needed to hurry the hell up and get to her apartment so she could leave. Alisha had a tendency to be early when she wasn't needed in a hurry and late when she was, it was incredibly annoying.

"Okay Saph, mommy has to go and auntie Alisha is late again so is it okay if I leave you here?" Sapphire stopped eating and stared at her mom blankly again. "No." She said in her squeaky ass baby voice. "Yeah...didn't think so." Just as she was about to call her, Alisha burst through the door, Normani's other best friend Elena right behind her. "Your late." Normani said, standing up. "And you look hella sexy." Elena smiled. "She texted me fifteen minutes after I had already left my apartment so I had to turn around and get her and of course she wasn't ready when I pulled up so I had to wait fifteen minutes for her to get her ass..." Sapphire looked up at Alisha with a frown. "I've been cussing all morning child. Don't act like its new now." Normani interjected. The baby went back to minding her own business. It wasn't her fault her mother needed better time punctual friends.

"Its just like you to blame your lateness on me, don't act like you didn't go to Starbucks on the way." Elena exposed. Normani looked down to see a half drunk cup of Starbucks coffee. "You got the Ariana Grande drink...didn't you?" She asked. Alisha nodded. "It's just so good." Normani shook her head. "Oh, I forgot to tell you Maddie's coming over to help us after her classes are over." Alisha added. Normani nodded. "Saph's a hand full so the more help the better, just don't wreck the place." The two girls nodded. "Oh, I was talking to Sapphire." The baby opened its mouth as if it were in gape. "No eating on the couch, no watching scary movies and be in bed by 7." Normani instructed the six month old. Who sighed and nodded.

"Did I ever tell you you have a weird ass baby?" Elena asked, staring the cute thing down. "Yes, on a regular. Literally every time you come over." Normani smiled. Elena nodded. "Good, cause it's true."

The girls hugged each other and Normani kissed Sapphire before bolting out the door into an Uber to the club.

"So...you seeing anyone?" The driver asked. It was her mistake not wearing a coat when she left the apartment that morning. For once it wasn't cold in New York so she wanted to embrace that, but it seemed this Uber driver wanted to embrace her.

"Um...I'm not really into your type." She lied, well, okay technically it wasn't a lie. Normani wasn't into his type but she also just wasn't into guys all together. "Ah, I see. Can I still give you my number?" He asked. Damn he was persistent. "Um...no I have a boyfriend." She lied. "Okay, well he doesn't have to know..." "You know what, I think I'll just call another Uber from here, you can let me out." After a few minutes of yelling at the driver to let her out, Normani stepped onto the curb and called an Uber to pick her up from in front of the Target on 10th. Looking down at her phone, she realized she had thirty minutes before her gig started. The Uber was ten minutes away and the club was within walking distance. She could get there on time if she just speed walked. Boy we're those heels not a good choice for today.

"Come on Normani, you can do this." She said, starting he fifteen minute walk in a skimpy magicians outfit on the streets of Manhattan. She could feel the eyes on her as she walked, but she would soon wish she had waited for that Uber...

Kristof just wanted a decent black coffee and a bagel to eat, but Manhattan proved to not be the place for that. After all, what did he expect, he wasn't even a native to this rat hole they called a thriving city. He was in his black outfit which consisted of a black turtle neck and black jeans with black combat boots and a long black trench coat. A lot of black. It wasn't even cold out today and he was burning up in the weather. He was used to cold winds and chills except for in the summer time, and in Germany, it was still winter.

That's right, he was from Germany. Why he was in New York? Well, he had an assignment that he needed to take care of and since he had completed that, he was looking for food and a good source of entertainment.

He was about to give up and go back to his hotel when he caught sight of her. She was a beauty, and by the looks of it, dressed as a magician. Following her direction with his eyes, he figured out she was going into what looks like a club. Stopping in front, she looked up to see a banner with her on it. It read...

The Disappearing Act Here For Two Days Only!

Kristof decided following her was a good idea. He wanted to see this so called 'disappearing act' for himself. And so he did.