P͟h͟a͟s͟i͟n͟ ͟g

Normani tossed and turned in her uncomfortable sleep. Every time she tried to extend her arms out, she'd hit glass and have to go back to her normal position. For Normani, sleeping in the same position all night was torture. But to add on to the pain, she kept hearing the sound of a jet engine and a...a bunch of people?

Wait a second, she knew New York was noisy and all, but this was by far the most noise she had heard since she gave birth to the set of lungs that is Sapphire Evans. Speaking of Sapphire, where was she? Usually by this time she'd be waking her up either for food or because she'd been waddling around in the same dirty diaper for way to long. The sound of the jet engine ceased and a little while later, she felt herself being moved. Wait, why were her eyes still closed, she needed to maker herself know. If these were those HYDRA people that injected her with whatever that stuff was, she needed to let them know she was awake and ready and more than capable of putting up a fight.

"Hey! I don't know who you all think you are but..." she stopped screaming when she realized she was enclosed in a glass bubble. "What the...hey, hey!" She screamed, banging on the top of the glass. The people wheeling her looked down with shock before wheeling her faster. Normani screamed some more. The people, who she presumed were HYDRA, had on weird costumes as if they...

No way, these people weren't HYDRA, in fact they were the exact opposite. "Avengers! Can you please tell me why you're rolling me away in a glass coffin!" She yelled. A glimpse of red caught her eye and for a minute, Normani thought it was blood, but it swooshed in the wind and that's when she realized it was a woman. "Hi. Listen, I kind of have a life to live so woman to woman, can you let me the fuck go?" She asked semi kindly. The red head paid her no attention. "You know what, you're probably not even a woman."

A few moments later, Normani realized she had been rolled inside. "Guys, I know we started off on the wrong foot but maybe we could just, talk this out you know, start with a little introduction right?" No response. "You guys are just a bunch of rude asses." She was about to give up when she saw a strange tint in the glass. Turning her head to a different angle, she almost cursed at herself. The glass was one way to a certain extent. Normani could see on the inside but ok the outside the appearance was that the glass was dark like a tinted car window. She could see the Avengers but not hear them. The Avengers could hear her but not see her. Muffled noises were all she could make out.

A few minutes went by and she was still trapped in a tinted glass prison. Starting to grow anxious, she realized that getting out may have been easier than she'd thought. All she had to do was break the glass. "On the count of three..." she whispered to herself.

"One..."
"Two..."
"Three!"

She lurched up and felt the clean air of the room she was in. But no glass had broken so how...

She got her answer when she fell out of the coffin. "Ouch." She said, clearly beyond irritated. "Um...sorry we thought you heard us say we're opening the coffin...er, holding chamber." A man with black hair and a glowing circle on his chest said. Normani recognized this man as Tony Stark, the Iron Man.

"It's fine." She does plainly, getting up from the floor and dusting off her clothes, then she realize she was still wearing her magicians outfit. Catching the stares of the people in the room, she jumped, willing herself to turn invisible.

"Um...lady where'd you go?" A male voice asked. She heard a sigh as she made her way to the couch, finding a blanket. "She has the ability to turn invisible at will." It was a feminine voice so it must have been the red head. "That's...true. I'm not even going to ask where you got that information from because so far I've been kidnapped twice today and I'm quit tried." Normani grabbed the blanket and threw it around herself before turning back to being visible again.

"Listen, id love to stay and talk but, I have a daughter to get home to and my friends are probably worried sick so..." Before she could make it to the elevator, Tony grabbed a remote off the coffee table and pressed a button. The elevator locked along with everything else in the room that could serve as an exit.

"Shit." Normani cursed. "Miss, we just want to talk okay. We didn't kidnap you we got an alert from SHIELD that HYDRA had a secret weapon on hand and we were sent in, the Avengers, to retrieve the weapon before HYDRA could use it." A man in an American flagged patterned spandex suit explained. "Well I'm not a weapon, I'm a human being and all HYDRA succeeded in doing was giving me a few bruises and a vaccine that was probably just water so..." Before she could continue walking, she noticed something odd. Looking down, she noticed her hand shifting from being invisible to being visible again. Back and forth back and forth. "Everything okay, miss?" The spandex man asked.

"Um..." Normani started to panic because her other hand was doing the same thing now. If she turned around then she'd have to ask them for help. Then again, they fixed her up, especially that stab wound. Maybe HYDRA had actually injected her with something. Something bad.

With a huff of disappointment and despair, she turned around. "I think...I need help." Showing them her phasing hands before collapsing. Yes, again.