The Magicians Last Act

Eyes filled with tears Natasha ran over to her lover and placed a hand on her cold cheek and immediately retracted her hand at the touch. She could just feel her pain and she didn't know what all those needles were for but they had to go. Right before she could pull the first one out, Maddie burst into the room, guards behind her.

"You do that, we're all dead." She said, her breath running thin as if she had just ran all the way up the steps. Oh, right HYDRA bases are extremely difficult and as narrator I can add as many staircases as I please. MUHAHAHAHA!

Natasha didn't wan to believe anything the traitor had said after all Maddie literally was the definition of a fake friend but she felt that she was telling the truth, so she stopped and listened.

"She's being injected with the three shot serum right now." Maddie began. Steve looked at her confused, "You said that there was only three shots that 1000 needles." He said, gesturing to Normani's body. Maddie tilted her head to the side. "I may have lied, but I'm HYDRA what do you expect?" She laughed. Natasha began to lunge but the guards readied their guns and she knew that they would be outnumbered in a fight so she calmed down. "Explain." She commanded instead.

"Normani here was experimented on as you know, her body has been genetically changed in the case that she ever went rouge she'd be able to be killed easily. So we administered her with two shots that started the process, the theoretical 'third shot' is actually a series of painful injections that will keep her stable until we make the actual third and final shot." She explained. "But you said we all would die." Steve added. Maddie looked over at her troops before speaking again. "She's highly instable right now and she will be until she gets that third shot. If even one needle is removed before we get the last shot then in a matter of minutes she'll start phasing uncontrollably..."

"And?"

Maddie sighed before gulping and speaking again.

"And when she phases she'll create a blast radius that will make everyone within a 300 mile radius instantly disappear from the world forever, just gone. Their molecules, their cells their entire being will disappear for good as if they were never here. The only thing that will remain of them is the memory of their loved ones, everyone that knew them will still remember but they'll be gone as if they never existed...and we're in the blast radius."

And as if on que the scientist that Steve hit with his shield got up off the ground a little too sloppily and with a trip he reached out to grab something...and that something was Normani's hand.

Which knocked the needle from it.

"Shut the fuck up!" Kristoff yelled. Sapphire had been wailing since Kristoff awoke her from her apple juice induced nap. The second lab had been prepped for a blood transfusion to help make the third shot that Normani needed to finally becomes HYDRA's secret weapon. But Sapphire wasn't having it. Hell no was he about to draw anything from her but some inspiration to get a new occupation, preferably one that didn't involve killing babies for serums.

"Stand still you little." Just as Kristoff was about to grab her Maddie burst through the doors of the base, two Avengers members beside her and... Sapphire's mother in one of their arms.

Sapphire was elated, her mommy was alive and she was going to take her home and...

"A needle fell, we only have a few minutes before she goes catatonic we need to wake her up now!" Maddie yelled, grabbing a gurney and throwing Nor's body onto it. Sapphire watched as they started to use a defibrillator to electrocute her mother while she foamed at the mouth.

Tears formed in her young eyes as they met with Natasha's. Realization filled the spy's eyes as she ran over and stepped in front of her. "Come on, your mom's gonna be fine but I need to get you out of here." She smiled, but the tears in her eyes made Saph believe that maybe she wasn't telling the whole truth.