ᴱᴬᴿᵀᴴ

LAYLA'S HOUSE

LAYLA'S HOUSE

"So, where do I sleep?" Jimin asked as he walked beside me and Cyprien.

"There's a log you can use." I informed the new comer.

"What?" Jimin lowered his brows. "I don't even get bed to sleep on?"

"We don't get everything we want." I huffed.

"The least you could do is let me stay at your place while I'm stuck here." Jimin offered the idea that I clearly didn't agree on.

"Listen human."I stopped in my tracks and pointed at his chest. "I don't like you or your kind. The only reason I'm helping you is so you can win this dumb race. Otherwise, there should be no reason I'm nice to you."

"Well who says I like Martians?" Jimin crossed his arms. "I think you guys are full of yourselves. Just because you have more land than us, doesn't m—

"We're smaller than Earth you half-witted idiot."

"You know what Layla!" He threw his arms by his side all dramatically. "I don't think I can deal with your attitude."

"—and I don't think I can deal with your stupidity."

"Let's get one thing straight." Jimin cracked his knuckles. "I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid."

"You've proven my point." I rolled my eyes.

"Face it Layla, you need me."

I stopped walked, and looked over my shoulder. "I don't need anybody."

"You'll get nowhere in life, if you keep telling yourself that." Jimin softly spoke.

I stared at the ground, while my heart anxiously pounded. I knew I couldn't let an opportunity like this go. "Can you really win the race for me?"

"Yeah." Jimin whispered, while barely any sound escaped his lips. "I know how badly you need it."

"Thanks." I looked down again, avoiding his gaze.

"No problem." Jimin stretched his arm out and let it lay around my shoulders.

My eyes widened as I looked up at his eyes. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Uh—"

"I can't come in contact with sometime like you. I don't know how my skin will react or if I'll catch whatever you have."

"I'm not crazy!" Jimin insisted. "Stupid, maybe, but crazy, only for you." He playfully winked, but I just started at him like he just killed something.