ᴺᴼᴼᴮ

LAYLA'S HOME

LAYLA'S HOME

"Layla." My aunt glanced up at me as we sat at the center table.

"Yes aunt Maria?" I slightly raised my brows, waiting for her question. She pursed her lips together as her eyes averted to the garden.

"Where did you meet that boy?" She calmly spoke while still watching him play with his fuzzy hair.

"I told you, Mars University." I replied to her, reaching for a can of Marscola.

"I know, but—" She paused, before sighing. "He just seems so, you know—"

"Odd? Weird? Crazy? Insane?" I raised my brow. "I know exactly what you're talking about."

"You do?" She tilted her head.

"Of course I do." I shrugged my shoulders. "Jimin's a really nice guy, but he's definitely a unique person."

"You don't say..." She tapped her long nails against the glass cup. "Anyway, I'm gonna head down to a pottery shop that just opened up. You take care of Cyprien and your friend I guess. I'll be back soon."

"Got it." I put both my thumbs up, learning the odd habit from Jimin. My aunt looked at me with a very confused expression, before finally leaving.

I waited till she left, and then walked toward the open garden, where Jimin was. "Human." I spat, trying to get his attention. "I'm taking Cyprien to dessert Marsonia for his hover car lessons. That means, you're coming too."

"Gross, why?" He muttered, intrigued by the many beautiful flowers. Yes, Mars has flowers. They may be more on the artificial side, but who cares.

"Because there's a giant sand track, where the older racers practice and race for fun. I want you to come so that you get used to racing in the sand, or in the air, should I say."

"Are you being serious?" Jimin lifted himself off the ground and patted the dirt off his hands. "I'm down, as long as I get to race."

"I'm glad you have that attitude." I grinned at him, which is something I usually do when I know some thing someone else doesn't.

"Wipe that little smirk off your face, before I kiss it off." Jimin squinted his eyes as he spoke.

"What?"

"Nothing." He casually whistled the tune to dna.

"Let's go Cyprien, we don't wanna be late." I tried calling for him as he was busy skipping around in the sand. "This always happens." I quietly groaned.