ᴮᴱᴳᴵᴺᴺᴵᴺᴳ

Hi, cutie behind the screen. If you've read a book of mine before, welcome back. If this is your first time. Good luck. I hope my chaotic writing doesn't scare you away.

follow me on insta: @tazahmd if you wanna get to know the shitty but sweet author! (:

MARS UNIVERSITY

"Good evening folks!"

The dull crowd looked up at the tall man, who stood at the podium.

"We're very excited to announce the annual sand race." He smiled, as everyone's expressions were mellow.

"First, I'll give you a little background info on our tradition here at Mars University, and then you'll have a chance to sign up and win a million marsi."

"Did you hear that?" My eyes widened as I turned to the boy beside me. "Two million marsi for whoever wins this thing?"

"Layla." The younger boy crossed his arms. "You don't even know how to sand race?"

"I could learn." I smiled, and pulled him closer to the front of the crowd.

"You have until Mars 82 to build your own land-speeder." The man concluded. "Good luck to all."

"Mars 82." I rubbed my forehead. "That's in a few weeks."

"Yeah, and that's why you're never gonna win."

"Tae, why can't you ever be supportive of me?" I looked at my close friend. "You're always putting me down."

"As your friend, I'm not gonna sit here and watch you work your ass off, just to be disappointed." He reached behind me for an apple. "I'm not that kind of guy."

"I wish you were sometimes." I mumbled before walking away.

Mars university, the biggest known school in all of planet Mars. They names us students the future of the new generation, mostly because this one sucks like hell. We mostly learn about our surrounding planets, and our own ecosystem. But if there's one thing they like to teach us here, it's that we should always hate humans. They're our biggest enemies.

If anything, we fear them. See, humans are oddly courageous. A little too courageous if you ask me. They're actually trying to look for us, and I don't know why. Here on Mars, we prefer to stay in our designated lanes. The Earthlings however, love to butt into people's business. That's why we all hate them. They're trying to conquer Mars and take it from us, for their own use. Is one giant planet not good enough for them? Martian's are just better.

"Where have you been Layla?" My aunt crossed her arms. "I need you to take your little brother to Mars elementary so he can get enrolled."

"But Mars elementary is so far from here." I groaned, hoping she'd change her mind.