ᴴᴱᴿ

Jimin quickly grabbed onto my hand as he pulled me through the crowd. He held the extremely heavy bag of Marsi as we walked back home. I glanced over at him, before looking back down at the sand. Why do I feel like he's eager to leave? What if he doesn't like me the way I like him, and all of this was just to get half the prize?

"Jimin?" I quietly spoke, making his eyes focus on me.

"Yes Layla?"

"A-Are you leaving tomorrow?" I gulped, quite loudly.

He pursed his lips into a pout and nodded.

"Oh." I mumbled, and looked down at my feet as we walked.

I nearly jumped as he placed his arm around my waist. "Let's not think about saying goodbye until tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay." I agreed.

But the truth is, that's all I could think about.

The rest of the walk home was silent, a good kind of silent. I got a chance to notice the little details about him. Like the way he would play with his fingers when he was nervous, or puff up his cheeks with air when he was stressed. Humans truly are adorable.

"There you guys are!" I heard my aunt scream as she ran over to us with her arms out. "I'm so proud of you both!" She pulled us into a hug.

Jimin looked at me with concerned eyes, thinking it wasn't fair that my aunt didn't know he was human.

"It's okay." I whispered to him with a smile.

"You saved our lives Jimin." She looked at him with tears in her eyes. "We were hanging on a thread, but you saved us." She repeated with a sniffle.

"Actually, there's something I wanted to talk to you about."

"Of course Layla, what is it?" She pulled us into the outdoor living area.

I glanced over at Jimin as he too was extremely confused as to what I wanted to talk about.

I let out a deep breath of air, and looked up at my aunt. "I don't want to marry Jeon Jungkook." I sternly spoke.

I glanced over at Jimin who gave me a proud smile, but my aunt on the other hand...

"W-What? Why?!" She narrowed her eyes with confusion. "He's a great guy Layla! You haven't even got to know him."

"Oh trust me, I know enough about him to be here, making this decision. He's just not the person that I want to spend the rest of my life with." I shrugged.

"Then who is??"

The room went silent, and the only thing I could hear was my own heart vigorously beating. Every single part inside of me wanted to say Jimin, but I couldn't. I couldn't wish for someone I could never have.

"N-No one." I finally said, making her raise her brows. "I don't want to get married."

Jimin grew concerned as he knew something wasn't right. While he was proud of me for standing up for myself, he knew that there was more.