The Too Many Gokus Problem

A/N: blackscape goes on about the too many gokus thing.

Blackscape: Goku is the protagonist of Dragon Ball. He is the main character. This is the reason why we will more than likely never get rid of goku for as long as dragon ball exist. No matter how much you want the story to grow and develop into different avenues, no, goku is going to have to be the main focus because is by far the most recognizable character in dragon ball.

Austin: and that's why I'm getting tired of Goku. Because god forbid, why have a better expanded story where you could be able to focusing on new characters and developing them. Nope, we just have to always have goku in the way, taking up the damn spot light and likely ruining that chance.

You know, this is why I find Godzilla and Transformers as better franchises. With Godzilla, he's one of the driving focuses of it, but they don't spend every time on him to know about him. They spend time on other kaiju. Or hell, even human characters to help develop them.

With Transformers, we didn't always have optimus prime or bumblebee in the way. Each transformers within the franchises got their own spot light episode or time to shine in a comic where they were the focus. The best example of this is IDW's transformers. Each transformer within that line of comics had their own time to shine and for their character to change and develop more.