Chapter 22 - Five Years Later

No one's P.O.V. / Narrator

Five years later everyone is still living together.  Corl and Kate are dating, and so are Denis and Sam.  Ofc Y/N and Sketch are, too.  It's Y/N's 25th birthday.  Everyone is together at the house.

Y/N P.O.V.

 "Happy Birthday to you!" I blew out the candles on my cake everyone for for me.  I smiled at all my friends gathered around with me, along with my parents and my old friend Alexa from ( state you live in ).

 "Thanks guyss!" I say and stand up to hug my mom who is busy starting to cut the cake.  Kate and Alexa run over and we have a big group hug.

 " The squad's back together! " Alexa said and we laughed.  We all plopped down on the couch as cake was paced around, and Sam joined us.  We were all so busy catching up we didn't notice the guys slip away .

Sketch's P.O.V.

 "I don't know... Are you sure this is a good idea?" I nervously asked the others.  Ethan slapped me on the back and everyone smiled.

 " You know it if you feel it's right, Lije.  We all think you should go for it. " Alex replied.

 "Besides, it's the best time to do it.  A warm, Autumn day.  Sun's going down, wind blowing leaves around.  Open park benches....." Corl said, judging me.  I know what I want to do.

 " Okay... I'll go out after cake.  Make sure not to tell any of the girls though, it'll get around to her before I ask. " Denis grinned and nodded.  We all walked out of the room and I say down next to Y/N.  Corl sat with Kate and Denis with Sam.

 "Well now I feel lonely!" Alexa said with a grin.  She stood up and walked to Ethan.  She tapped his shoulder.

 " Hey... Alexa. " He said and she pulled him away from Alex and Sub.  They shrugged at each other and kept talking.  Alexa sat down on Y/N's other side and patted the seat next to her.  Without hesitation Ethan sat down too.  We all laughed.

 "My brother, finally trying to flirt!  I'm so proud!" I said and everyone laughed again.  He blushes and shrugged.

 " Shut up, you're supposed to be the little brother. " He replied with a new grin on his face.  We all finished eating cake and I stood up, taking Y/N's hand.

 "Where are we going?" She said smiling.

 " Is it okay if I take you away from your party for a bit?  Just the two of us? " I ask, leaning into her.  She hugs me and says,

 "Sure."  I always get out to my car and we drive for about ten minutes until we reach the park.

 " Why are we here? " She asks as we get out of the car.  I take her hand and we start walking through the woods.

 "What, you don't wanna hang out with your own boyfriend?" I asked making a pouty lip.  She laughs and puts her head on my shoulder as we walk.

 "Of course not, you know I love you." I kissed her forehead.  It was a good sign.

 Y/N P.O.V.

As Elijah took me through the woods and up to a lookout point I smiled.  I don't remember the last time we did something together like this.  We reached the top of the hill and sat down on a bench.  The sun was setting and we had a good view of it and all the surrounding trees bellow.  I leaned into him and he smiled.

 "Thank you for this little birthday gift, Lije." I say.  He smiled again and nods.

 " You know... I love you.... " I nod slowly... Wondering what he's going on about.  He continues,  

 "And... I love being with you everyday.  Even if we fight or someone else gets in our way... I'll always love you.  I don't want this to end." I smile and nod.

" I love you too, Lije. " He gently moves my head off of his shoulder and steps off the bench.  He bends down onto one knee in front of me and reaches for something in his coat pocket.  I gasp and cover my grinning mouth with my hands.

"Y/N, M/N, L/N.  Will you make me, Elijah Peter Best the happiest man on earth by marrying me?" He smiles at me and I hug him.

" Of course I will, Elijah! Of course! " He stands up and kisses me.  He plays with my hair and we continue to deepen the kiss.  It's so... happy.  When we part he takes out the ring and hands it to me.  I smile at it and hand it back.

"This was... Really the best birthday ever!  I love you, and I always will." I say as we get up to go back home.

" I'll always love you, too. " He answers.

"You know how much you mean to me.  You make my heart... burn." I say with a smile.  We walk hand in hand and I know that no other gift back at home will be as special as this.

A/N

Oh ma gosh!  This is the end!  Thank you so much for reading this far if you have!  It felt so good to write this chapter for some reason.  If I'm the future I were to check back on this and people have actually read it, I may think of making a part two with a wedding.  Make sure to tell meh by commenting if you thought it was good and if you want more of this or a new The Pals fanfic revolving someone else ( or Sketch again idc ).  I'm also just gonna shout out my friend Alexaa0045 because she is one of my friendos and a Pals fan too.  (Also this has nothing to do with the fanfic but if you have a Roblox account, follow me I'm Goosey155!  Thought I could through that out.)  But seriously, thanks for reading and I will see you next time!  <3

-Cats