Masky

Just in case you don't know:

(y/n) = your name; (l/n) = last name

(f/n) = friend's name; (f/c) = favorite color

(e/c) = eye color; (h/c) = hair color

POV = Point of view

On to the book! (/*^*)/ ~--------------------~

"When I return, I'll ask you to mine. I promise."

That was the last thing he said to me three years ago and now I'm only my way back to the cabin with my family for our summer vacation.

I'm 18 now with goals and dreams to accomplish but here I am, going to our cabin to be away from all electronic devices, especially to wait for him to return. A normal person would probably give up on that promise yet I still hope for it.

"Tim... This better be worth it." I thought, listening to music and watching through the car window, the hundreds of thousands of trees that we pass by with the silence of nature itself.

~Timeskip~

We soon arrived at the two-story floor cabin around mid-afternoon. It was still looking the same as always, built in dark oak polished wood the same as the furniture inside with decent size rooms and a nice brick fireplace.

Everything was exactly the same when we left it but the only thing that was new was the bouquet of freshly picked flowers on the bed of my assigned room and along with it was a note.

"See you soon. -T." I read the note and finally, I realized that it was Tim.

"He's back, and he's going to ask me out..."

I thought, blushing by just the thought of him. I shook my head in clearing my mind. He wouldn't just ask me after years of not seeing each other. Let alone, not getting to know each other more than before.

"There's no way he's actually asking me out. Right?" I set aside the flowers and got to settle in my room.

Soon enough, I took a deep breath and laid in bed. I started to the ceiling with having to finish in fixing my stuff and the sun has set already, leaving the night dark and silence.

"It's too silent." I thought, sitting up the bed.

I sat there for a second, just listening to any sound around the cabin. Nothing. I got up, grabbing a flashlight as a weapon and walked down the hall.

"Mom! Dad!" I called out to them. No answer.

I went on ahead and checked every room on the second floor. They weren't there so with all the confidence that I could gather up, I slowly went down the staircase with great awareness of my surroundings.

In entering the living room, there was the front door opened wide and no sight of my parents. Soon, I ran out to the car and using my flashlight to find my parents passed out in their seats.

"Mom! Dad! Wake up!!" I called out to them, banging onto the car window and struggling to open the door cars. Gathering my thoughts and looked at them to confirm that they were breathing. To my great relief, they were.

"Don't worry, I'll get help ok?!" I shouted at them, hoping they at least could hear me.

Upon turning around, I bump into someone causing me to drop the flashlight and I fell to the ground. The flashlight rolled then flashed to the man in front of me. It was a tall man with a yellow jacket and a feminine with a mask.

As fast as I could, I grabbed the flashlight and swung it to his head. He groans in pain but still pinned me down and covered my mouth with a cloth causing me to lose consciousness.