Chapter 12:

Megan and Anthony where about to head to Atlantis, it had only been three days since Arthur and Mira went missing, but everything was going out of control. So their time table was moved up, which neither cared about.

"Ok, so there is an escort from Atlantis that will guide you to the city. And remember, you're not there to intervene with how they run their country, you're only there to help Percilla." Batman told them, the two nodded then entered the Bioship. Megan took off, and then they where off.

The trip there was quite uneventful, but then once they went under the surface, things didn't change. No, nothing changed till after they where in Atlantis. Where they saw how bad the situation really was, and how much Percy needed them.

-0-0-0-

"Your highness, please, with your father and mother gone, and you and your brother still so young, Prince Orm should run Atlantis." An advisor told her, and then arguing started back up. Percy has been home for three days, and everything was crumbling around her. She's had enough of this all, all the doubt and insecurities about her leading, she was sick of them all. And everyone knows once Percy has had enough, she's had enough.

"That's enough!" She said, as she pounded both hands on the throne. Also propelling herself up, so she was standing straight.

"But Princess." One advisor said, and she grew angry.

"I said enough!" She Shouted again, her eyes flashing for a second. The room instantly quieted, and all attention was on her.

"With my mother and Father gone, it is my responsibility as Heir to the Throne to take up their responsibilities. I understand than my Uncle seems the most reasonable choice for this crisis right now, believe me, I understand that.

But I will not sit by and let you try and push off my responsibilities just because I am still young! I am just as capable as Prince Orm to lead Atlantis right now, and as Heir to the throne I will fulfill my duties. As such, I will proceed to the surface world for the gathering of world leaders summit.

Atlantis needs a leader, and with my parents gone. I will do my best to be that leader, and if you are unhappy with that then I suggest you keep it to yourself. Now leave, this meeting is adjourned." Percy Said, as she waved her hand. The advisors bowed, then left the room. Once they where gone, Percy sighed.

She sat back down and slumped, nobody has made this situation easier for her. Nobody has given her support, nobody except her Uncle Orm. Did everyone assume that because she still was a young person, not even an adult, that she was incapable of ruling Atlantis.

"Princess, you have visitors." One of the guards said, and she nodded. Straightening up, and fixing her posture. Then the guests where let in, once she saw them, she threw etiquette and protocols out the window. She dove right into the open arms of her best friend, her rock.

"We heard what happened, how are you holding up?" Asked Anthony, and Percy sighed, then separated.

"Not well, none of the delegates, militarily officials, or surface dwellers have taken kindly to my situation. They all keep seeing me as some child, a child who shouldn't be ruling a kingdom." Percy told them, as she sighed.

"Well, you're doing great." Megan told her, and Percy sighed.

"If only that where true, but it's not. There have been so many negative repercussions of my situation, nobody has been supporting me. My uncle does, but only because he's not heir to the throne and my uncle. He has to support me, no matter what.

Only the Conservatory of Sorcery has remained neutral, and I have to face problems not just here in Atlantis, but in the Surface world as well." Percy told them, and she sighed.

"Come, it's almost time for dinner." She told them, as she led them to the dinning room. Where her uncle was, and brother.

"Uncle Orm, meet my Friend Megan and Anthony." She told the man, he smiled politely.

"Greetings, I'm sorry Percilla. But I'm afraid I have work to attend to at the Science center, and I cannot stay for dinner." He told her, Percy sighed then nodded.

"I understand, be safe." She told her uncle, then he swam off.

"What's that about?" Asked Megan, and Percy dank into her seat.

"Like I Said, civil unrest. Let's eat, I've got another long day tomorrow and would like to sleep." She told them, and they gave her sympathetic smiles. Both knew these next few days would be tough, if only they knew how hard they would be.

Time skip...

Ok, it's been three weeks. Three weeks since the abduction of the king and queen of Atlantis, and three weeks since Percy had to step up. Anthony and Megan where trying to help the girl when they could, but have been unable to do much.

'Report.' Batman Said, and Anthony sighed.

"Things are not going well, and it's taking a toll on Percy. The people are with her here in Atlantis, but the delegates, the Advisers, the Military leaders, the government essentially, doesn't agree that she should lead.

They've been making things harder for Percy, and have done almost everything they can to make her job near impossible. Not to mention the leaders of other countries, they all think she will ruin Atlantis. However, she's now good friends with Queen Perdita. Being young rulers, they've gotten close." Anthony Said, and that's when Megan appeared.

"Anthony, she fell asleep again. She's in the study, asleep on some files." Megan Said, and Anthony sighed.

"She is pushing herself way to hard, this is the third time this week. Before, before she never was this uncertain. Why has she gotten so insecure?" Anthony Muttered as he swam off to get Percy to sleep. However, when he got there, he saw what Percy had been working on.

"Percy." He said, shaking her awake. She woke up with a jump, and then looked at him.

"Hi." She said weakly, he sighed.

"Percy, you're overworking. Also, when where you going to tell me that you got hit by poison?!?" He hissed, and Percy shushed him.

"It happened the other day, I was ambushed by Mantas men. They managed to inject me with some poison, unfortunately for them, they also gave away where my parents where.

They said that if not for my parents, they wouldn't know where to get this poison. Which only is found in one place, one place I've never been allowed to go to before." Percy Said, as she stood up. Anthony looked at her curiously, and she sighed.

"This poison comes from one of Atlantis' lost cities, called the Desserter. When the great fall happened, they were unfortunate. Where they fell, the oceans dried up. It killed the people, and erased any trace of where they went." Percy began, as she swam to the chart on her wall.

"That is, till my father and Mother found it. Along with the city, they found a special poison that reacts only with Atlaneans. Which only is found, there." She Said, turning to look back at Anthony.

"So, they are in some part of Qurac?" Anthony Asked, and she nodded.

"Yes, and you can have the Justice League save them?" She Asked, and Anthony nodded.

"Yeah, but that means we'll be gone for a few days." He told her and she nodded, then she leaned forward and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you for everything Anthony, I honestly don't think I'd be where I am today without you." She told him, and he blushed. She swam out of the room, and went to her bedroom to sleep. While Anthony went to Megan, and they left.