Part 5. Normality

Normality, what a concept that is. You may be wondering why I am talking about this considering what happened in the last chapter, well, I don't really know myself. Wheatley has been normal lately but what astounds me is that he can feel. Normal robots aren't supposed to feel. I know this. I programmed him. Where the hell did all this come from? There has to be a deeper story! There has to be an answer! I know there is one but where? Where will I be able to find it?

Ever since Aperture, my life has never been remotely close to normal. I've been almost consumed in my studies on engineering and inventing. It was, interesting to study all this to say the least.  'My work is unique' was the one thought that drove me to do whatever I do on a daily basis. This was a mess, a true mess.

What is normal? Is this even normal for me anymore and why? WHY? Why do I have to deal with these mechanical antics.

====================

Just then, someone embraced you, your emotional instability was soothed and you felt calm. You looked up to find Wheatley looming over you, "W-Wheatley? What are you-" 

"Are you okay Love? You seem quite overwhelmed." His soothing words had shocked you to say the least, and the way he felt....He felt different, almost warm...Almost alive, real, human

"I'm fine, just your normal everyday stress...heh."