Theme 7: Talent: Significant in Attraction?

Is it less likely for a guy/girl to like you back if you only ever get the chance to show him/her your weaknesses, rather than your strengths?

I mean, most of us prefer someone who has a passion and is good at what they do, do we not? We'd rather have a successful doctor or med student than a broke, jobless drunk or college dropout, would we not?

So, what happens if you like someone but every time you see them they only get to see the pathetic or clumsy sides of you? What if they're tutoring you in a subject you've always sucked at and so you get to drool over their shine while you never get the chance to even tell them about your talents? Will they assume you don't have any? Will they define you by your non-talent which is all they know about you?

How likely is it for someone to like you back if they only know your weaknesses and not your talents?

Should we always make sure the person we like sees what we can do, or is it actually not that important?

Personally, I've always had a weak spot for acoustic guitarists (it's a plus if they sing too). And I have to admit that all the guitarists I liked in the past (okay, it was just two or three guys) most likely would not have attracted me - or would not have attracted me as much - if they didn't play guitar. Is that just me?

How significant is personal talent and passion in sexual & romantic attraction?