Theme 8: "Skinship"

Skinship: how do we properly use it to flirt?

In my country we all tend to not only keep to ourselves in terms of daily activity but also physically. We bow to greet each other rather than shake hands or exchange les bisoux and couples don't do anything further than holding hands when in public.

But, here in America, skinship seems to be considered as being just like talking: mundane and friendly. Yet, it's also considered a form of flirting - when done right, that is.

So, how can we make sure that a man knows we're flirting with them? Are there certain parts of their body and ways we should be touching them - I mean outside the bedroom? Does it take more than that?

Leaning your head on his shoulder - does that have any emotional or mental effect on him in the aftermath? Or is such simple physical contact nearly irrelevant? What about touching his arm when you talk to him? And does it mean something if he does it to you?

So far we know for a fact that physical flirting has some kind of a plus effect on men - or at least that's what I've read on Cosmo and other sources. But, what sorts of gestures really send them the sign - that we're into them? Seductive physical contact? compassionate? Anything including hugging? Men don't pick up on the petty flirtations of girls, they like us to be direct. How direct must we be when flirting through skinship?

Perhaps I'll have to experiment on this one.