magazine article

today, we had the absolute honour to catch up with theodosia siano (anna and the french kiss) to see how life has been going and to ask about any up-and-coming projects the star has planned.

INTERVIEWER: it's so great to sit down with you!
THEODOSIA SIANO: it's great to be here!

I: so take me back to two years ago. you've just gotten the call that you'll be starring in your first movie.
TS: ohmygod, this moment. this moment was like earth shatteringly wonderful. tim and i were sitting at his kitchen table, my phone in the middle of the table, and we were just staring at it. he had already gotten the call that he was to be st. clair, and we were just praying that i would get the call i was anna. like we had previously found out i was to tour for my first ever poetry book and then we finally got the call and we just partied it UP, my dude. put "up" in all caps because that's the only way to explain. i was floating. like, that was the most happiness i've ever felt.

I: so you're a poetess and an actress?
TS: yes! i also have some art pieces floating around and will soon be starting a modelling contract.

I: that's so much! how have you not gone crazy with all of it?
TS: my senior year of high school, as i was trying to pinpoint what i wanted and go to college, i developed an aggressive fear of growing bored with and becoming miserable with whatever i chose for myself. i didn't want to be thirty and trapped in a career i despised; didn't want to spend my entire life paying back loans for a job that made me want to yeet myself off of a cliff. so i got my english degree, and i told myself that i would do whatever my heart led me to; that i would take it one week at a time.

I: that's actually really inspiring! what do you do when you have those times of misery?
TS: i do struggle with depression and have all of my life, so when i have my moments of misery is typically when i go into a depressive episode. that's when i step back and i'm like, "okay, i need some change, what can i do?" that's how auditioning came about, as well as going for modelling and writing the second book. tim and joe are also a big help. they get me out of the house, and encourage me to keep going.

I: that's so wonderful that you have people like that there for you.
TS: oh, i know. i consider myself very lucky.

I: so, could you tell us a little bit about your relationship? i don't want to pry.
TS: no, no, it's okay. joe and i talked about it, and we're ready to be open. we've been officially together for a little over a month and we're just happy. we've always clicked right from the start. like, when we first befriended each other, there was just this sense of understanding one another and this ability to just... i don't know, it's not easy to explain.

I: so you're happy?
TS: incredibly so. i finally feel like i'm at peace with myself again after everything in paris.

I: i would love to continue this chat, but i'm sorry to say that we're out of time. thank you so much for coming in today.
TS: thanks so much for having me!