real life

theodosia sat at her desk, glasses perched on her nose, taking a sip from her coffee before suddenly slamming down the empty cup, fingers flying furiously on the keyboard of her computer. she had finally found the spark, the ring on her finger creating a sort of muse. she drew out poems of love, of hopes for the future, of her every aspiration.
      benjamin came into the bedroom from his meeting with a wedding planner, a smile of content breaking out across his face. he knew she could do this - find her muse and finish the book - and it brought him great pride and joy in her. he backed out into the living room of their new apartment, laying down on the couch. sleep was still tugging at him, jetlag being a curse upon his weary brow.
      he would've taken a nap if it weren't for a knock knock knock on their front door. a groan tore from his lips as he rose to his feet, gazing out of the peephole with a squinted eye. timothee stood out there, three coffee of varying recipes in hand, bouncing lightly on his toes. ben opened the door immediately, inviting the bird boned man in.
      "how is she doing?" he asked, setting his treasures down on the counter.
      ben smiled, "she found her muse."
      "yeah?"
      "yeah."
      "well, i'll take her order in for her. that one's for you," he pointed to one of the cups as he seized another, carrying it back into the bedroom. shortly after, ben heard a yell, sprinting back into the room, heart pounding.
      "what's wrong?" he asked.
      theo launched herself away from her desk, spinning around to leap up and wrap her arms around ben. "i finished!"
      "you finished?"
      "she finished!" tim joined the embrace, the three falling to the floor in a heap as a result of momentum and joy.
      "i sent it to my agent and everything," she breathed happily, accepting the kissed being pressed to her cheeks by her boys. "and a day early, too!"
      "we're so proud of you," ben mused, pressing his forehead to hers.
      tim pressed a final kiss to her temple before standing, helping the duo up. "i suppose i should go home and let you two celebrate, yeah?"
      theo laughed, eyebrows shooting up in near surprise over such a comment. "we can celebrate later. for now, i just want to get wine drunk with my two best boys."
      "that sounds marvellous."
      the wine, however, was bypassed, the trio going straight for the blender, digging out ice, tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, and salt. tim left and soon returned with glasses, the following scene being like something out of the movie practical magic. the three danced around as they drank their margaritas, soon welcoming joe into the mix. they partied like this until eight pm, dancing and laughing and enjoying living. joe and tim left around eight, and it was herein that the party moved into the bedroom, and it is herein, dear reader, that i will leave the following activity to your imagination.