real life

it was a rainy saturday.
      theodosia lat on the couch with a book in hand, lips moving as she read over the first edition publishing of her third book. thunder clapped and lightning struck, but it didn't even startle her.
      benjamin crept in quietly, shaking the rainwater from his hair as he took off his soaked jacket and shoes. coming into the room, a smile spread across his face as he spotted his fiancée, watching her with joy in his eyes. "quit staring," she mumbled, glancing at him briefly.
      "can't help it," he chuckled. "how beautiful you are."
      theo closed her book and set it on the coffee table, rising to her feet. she gave him a quick kiss, slicking his wet hair back gently. "did you get it?" she asked, chewing on the inside of her cheek.
      he slipped her a small bag and she darted away, disappearing into the bathroom. he sat on the couch and waited as patiently as he could, flipping through her book with pride.
      thunder boomed once more as there came a shout, ben running to the bathroom. "what's wrong?" he asked as he flung open the door.
      theo threw her hands up gleefully, shimmying slightly. "we're gonna have a baby!"
      he pulled her into his arms as he whooped, burying his face into her shoulder as he began to cry happily. "ohmygod, we're gonna be parents."
      the two sat down on the floor together, resting against the bathtub. they were wrapped up in each other, calling each of their friends (but not family, just yet) to inform them of the news. the boys - rami, gwilym, and joseph -weren't surprised at all (though joe cried, nonetheless). they called timothée last of all, who answered the phone disgruntled, as being awoken from his storm slumber was not something he preferred. however, his anger was quickly subdued as he noticed the tears in both ben and theo's eyes. "what's up, guys? what's going on that has you calling me?"
      "opinions on being a godfather?" theo asked.
      tim blinked a few times, replying, "what?"
      ben chuckled. "mate, we're having a baby. we want you to be the dude she -"
      "he!"
      "she goes to if something happens to us."
      tim's eyes welled up rather quickly, large tears spilling down his  cheeks like the raindrops on the windows. "are you guys being for real? you aren't playing a prank on me?"
      theo held up the test with a cheesy grin, showing the message that read pregnant. tim let out a whoop and agreed, the phone call ending shortly there after.
      the couple eventually made their way back out to the living room, ben laying with his head in theo's lap and his eyes closed in peace as she absentmindedly ran her hands through his still damp hair, reading aloud her poetry to him and their baby growing in her belly."this is the life," he commented with gentle voice, opening his eyes to look at her. "how lucky am i that i get to spend the rest of my life as so. how lucky am i that i get to call you my love."
      theo closed and set her book done, weaselling her body so they lay side by side. "i am in love with you, benjamin hardy."
      "and i, you, theodosia hardy."
      she sat up suddenly, causing him to move off of her. "ben, let's get married."
      "we are, my love."
      "no, like, soon. let's get married soon."
      he chuckled, shaking his head. "as you wish, my little fiery redhead."