letter

theo amey,
i didn't know how to start this, so i'm gonna take a note from season 1 of your beloved "jane the virgin":
i don't love you.
i don't love you because you're stunning.
i don't love you because you sing like an angel.
i don't love you because you can't cook but yet you try your best every time.
i don't love you because you rock ginger better than i do.
i don't love you because you can arrange words in such ways that touch souls.
i don't love you for any of these things.
i love you because you're the most beautiful soul i have ever met.
but your soul is not mine to love like this. you love ben and he loves you. you belong together; it's ben & theo, not joe & theo. and i'm okay with that.
theo, dear, you and ben belong together whether you want to admit that or not. you connected the struggles you felt inside after paris with being with ben when what you needed most was the love, support, and security ben has to offer.
i wanted to believe you loved me, actual me, and i took advantage of that.
it's because i love you so much that i write this letter. that i end this relationship. that i beg of you to reach out to ben, and to confront all of your traumas, and to finally be okay with yourself again.
i'm flying out to gwil's tomorrow night. until then, i'll be staying at tim's. i'll be back later tonight to pack a couple bags.
i love you, even if you're not the veronica to my john.
so go get your etienne st. clair. and i, your meredith (i consider tim to be your bridget), will be here for you always
joe