real life

theodosia sat at her desk, staring intently at her blank screen before suddenly allowing her head to drop onto the keyboard, letting out a particularly dramatic groan. benjamin looked up from where he sat on the bed with his back against the headboard, startled, eyes wide as he halted his reading. "are you good, bub?"
she merely groaned in reply.
      rising to his feet, ben crossed the room, bending over to rub her shoulders as he pressed a kiss to the back of her neck. "take a break, theo. you need it. words aren't going to come to you just sitting here."
      sitting up, she turned to look at him with tears in her eyes. "but the draft is due in two weeks."
      "well, you can't turn back now. you've already promised a draft and, from what i heard, you had given the group quite the scolding that you could do this."
      she dropped her head in reply, looking to her feet. it was a small sniffle that broke his heart, causing him to drop to his knees as he rested his hands on her thighs, thumbs rubbing circles.
      "hey hey hey, don't cry, my love, it's okay. i know you can do this. we'll get something in your tummy and watch a movie and take tonight to relax and maybe you'll find some inspiration, yeah?"
      "it's been weeks," she whispered, "since i had any scrap of inspiration to write. weeks, ben!"
      "i know, darling, i know. you just need a spark."
      rising to his feet, he held out his arms, helping her to stand. from there, he led her to the bathroom, drawing and getting her into the bath before heading into the kitchen, bumping into timothée on the way there.
      "how is she?" he asked in a hushed tone, leaning against the counter with a cup of coffee.
      "still nothing."
      "still nothing?"
      "still nothing." ben confirmed. "and i feel terrible. i need to go back to england, i really do, but i keep putting it off for fear the stress will shut her down, and i don't want to be across the pond when - if - that happens. but i can't rely on gwil to watch frankie for much longer, you know?"
      "you know i can take care of her while you're gone, yeah? i've done it for years."
      ben sighed, tearing a hand through his hair as he peeked behind him, making sure she hadn't left the bathroom yet. "i know. but i feel responsible for her, now. i never should've left, tim, and i want - no, need - to make up for that. i can't leave now. not when she needs me most."
      tim wordlessly pulled him into a hug, patting his back. "it'll be all okay, man. she'll be okay. you'll both be okay."
      pulling back, ben wiped at his eyes before an shred of a tear could fall down his cheeks. "i have a plan, mate. and i'm gonna need your help."
      "i'm all ears."