fuck off

magnus rolled out of bed, groaning to himself. he and alec were getting forced to hang out every lunch this week.
alec confused him. he was a stereotypical jock; gorgeous, and knowing it. but he was so obnoxious that magnus felt sorry for him; he was obviously insecure. magnus hoped that he could break through his hard exterior and become friends.

after all, his home life was terrible and he could use someone genuine.
"dad?" he yelled, aimlessly dragging himself downstairs. "i'm gonna get breakfast and go. you good?"
"whatever," came the harsh response. "and stop dressing like a sissy! you're hardly gonna get a lady looking like one!"
magnus swallowed his tears back. his dad was a monster. he'd been a monster ever since his mother's...death.
"i'm getting the hell out of here once i'm eighteen," he muttered to himself, grabbing a cereal bar and running up to his room to get changed.

********

alec took his new seat, away from jace. he was waiting for magnus to turn up. he couldn't wait till the week was over; then everything would be back to normal and he could go back to his old way of hating him.

he was handsome though, there was no doubt about it. and he was a genuinely good person.
basically nothing like alec.
alec hated the way he was. he didn't like his whole popular happy façade he had to put on. he was obnoxious to hide his anxiety at being judged by everyone. only a select few knew the real him, what really went on at home with his parents.

he suspected magnus could be the same.

and there he was, as if his mind had summoned him. the great magnus bane.

alec turned around as he sat down and said hey. all he got in response was a simple smile, then magnus turned his attention back to the notebook he had pulled out of his bag. "look, i appreciate that you don't want to talk to me, but i want mr.logan to at least think we're trying to get along."
magnus leaned back, closed his eyes, and let out a sigh. "sorry. i didn't have a great morning, so i feel a little off."
"oh, sorry. you wanna talk about it?"
magnus reopened his eyes to look at alec's face, trying to see if he was joking. he wasn't.
"i don't really wanna go into much detail, but let's just say my dad's a piece of shit. and my mom..." he trailed off, tearing up a little at the thought of her.
alec seemed to sense that magnus wasn't about to tell him what happened and gave a sad smile.
"guess we have one thing in common then."
"what?"
"we both have shitty dads."
magnus nodded his head knowingly, afraid to pry any further and lose the real, raw alec sat beside him right now. talking to him felt like an electric fence; if you make one wrong move, you're done for.

the two broke away from their chat and magnus aimlessly drew, until mr.logan decided to show up. he glanced at the two, noting that they weren't clawing at each other's throats. he smiled inwards at himself.
hopefully this would work.

*************

lunchtime had arrived. alec had wanted to talk to jace, but he disappeared as soon as the lunch bell went.
alec did not need to wonder why.
instead, he sat down at a table with isabelle, who was looking unusually happy.
"what drugs are you on now iz?"
her head jerked up from her food immediately. "alec! i have the best news! well, i have two things actually, what do you wanna hear first?"
isabelle was practically bouncing off her seat now. clearly what she'd been told was very good, because she rarely ever got so excited over small things.
"whichever you want?"
"i got clary to talk to simon for me and she's landed us a date!"
alec choked on his drink.
"wait -that's who you've liked all along?!"
"yeah! i'm really happy. what? don't look at me like that, he's nerd-hot and you know it. don't even lie."
alec rolled his eyes. "whatever. anyway, what's the other thing?"
"well," she started, clearing her throat, "miss lovelace told me that if my grades keep going like they are at the moment, i can be moved into your class!"
"well wouldn't that be just amazing. both lightwood siblings in my class!"
isabelle laughed as alec paled. magnus had shown up, and he'd taken his time in doing so.
"hi!"
"hello, my dear isabelle. did you hear?"
"that you and alec have to spend the entire week together? yes! and it's extremely fun to annoy him with."
magnus and isabelle were friends. they had been for ages. no one really knew how or why, but they shared similar personality traits.
one of them being loving to piss alec off.
magnus thought he was hot when he was angry.
isabelle thought it was funny.
"anyway," he said, eyeing alec in such a way that caused him to -blush and look down? -"where's blonde boy?"
"probably round the back of the school getting himself off with clary."
magnus then spat out his drink, choking and spluttering. alec had to slap his back a few times until he was alright.
isabelle observed the fact that magnus had immediately sat beside alec and not her, and also that alec hadn't reacted.
oh, she shipped it hard.
"are you okay??"
"yes, i just never expected those words to come out of your mouth."
"oh trust me, he can do plenty else with that-"
"iSABELLE SOPHIA LIGHTWOOD."
"alec gideon lightwood," izzy replied with a smug smile.
magnus laughed. "gideon? your middle name is gideon?!"
alec put his head in his hands. "boy i really can't wait til this week is over."
"don't worry," magnus started, but the bell rang. izzy ran off dropping a kiss on alec's cheek, and as the pair were walking out of the canteen, magnus whispered.

"i find it sexy."