hearts may be broken,

alec called magnus as soon as he got away from josh. his heart ached for him. he felt like an awful person.

"hey, babe. i wanted to talk to you as soon as possible."
"are you okay? you sound upset."
"i'm...fine. i just feel so bad. i hate letting people down and upsetting them."

alec could almost picture magnus's disappointed face through the phone. "you don't need to feel bad. i'm sure he understands, he's not a stupid kid. hey, why don't you come over here and i'll cheer you up a little? i have some tea to spill anyways."

alec smiled. okay, so maybe he had just seen magnus earlier that day. but he'd take any excuse to see him again. "sure. see ya in ten. love you!"

————————

"what do you want, you stupid asshole?!"
"nothing! i just...oh god. i really fuckin' hate myself for this."
josh said the last part under his breath.
"excuse me?"
"sorry, sorry. i'm sorry. i just need to say something."
"well then spit it out, will you?"
"we can't do this anymore. or rather, i'm not gonna let you just use me for whatever you want. i've had enough of sneaking around just because you want something, and i'm tired of basically lying to alec-"

a sneer came down the phone. "josh, my fine child, i couldn't care less about that insignificant obnoxious prick, and-"
"i couldn't care less about you. i'm done playing stupid games with you, jonathan, and i'm most certainly done with doing something that would tear my best friend's heart in half."

"fine. have it your way. i may have lost you, but i haven't lost what's been done.

and, unfortunately, i think that alec may find out. oopsies!"

———————

"really? oh my god ragnor that is so fascinating!"
"would you two please just shut up? i have a headache."
catarina rolled her eyes. "well tell your headache to go away because i'm damn sure that magnus is not gonna want a grumpy raphael on his hands, especially seeing as it's the first time he's seen us since like 2015 or something."

catarina, ragnor, and raphael were all on their way to see magnus. he didn't know a thing about it, but their winter break was coming up soon so they thought, why not?

of course the journey hadn't been without its arguments. ragnor had scrambled for the driver's seat first, because in his words "i want to get my portion of the drive over and done with". then, they had a swap stop and it was catarina. about ten minutes ago, they had changed again for the last stretch of the journey. with the car being raphael's, he'd locked the passenger door because he knew for a fact he would be unable to stand driving with one half of the argument being shouted directly into his ear. now, both catarina and ragnor were in the back, and raphael had some slight peace.

"sometimes, even though i'm the youngest here, i feel like you two are my children."
"i find that very offensive."
"MAGNUS IS CALLING SHIT WHAT DO I DO?"
raphael, whose face remained unphased by cat's announcement, yelled, "answer it."

"umm hi magnus!"
"hey cat! wait, why haven't you got your camera on? and why is there so much background noise?"
"i uhhh i'm just out of the shower! can't see me!"
"oooookay but why is there so much noise?"
"raphael and ragnor are here and they're in the next room and they're arguing."
"that wouldn't surprise me, but i don't believe you. you're clearly travelling somewhere."
"WE'RE GOING TO THE GOD DAMN MACCY D'S ALRIGHT?"

magnus did not believe this.
"i believe that."
"thank you! anyways, would love to talk but we're kinda busy. bye!"
and cat abruptly put the phone down.

————————

alec had been at magnus's place for a few hours now. of course magnus's dad noticed, but he didn't question it.

maybe silently.

the two were cuddled up as tight as could be on magnus's bed, having a star wars marathon. alec had been in love with the series since childhood, and wanted to share it with magnus.

he did not expect there to be an entire debate about who was the most attractive character.

"you know what? okay. i'm going to list the four hottest characters and if you disagree with me you're wrong."
"magnus sweetheart you're not even ten minutes into the force awakens."
"your point?"
alec sniggered a little, but decided to let magnus continue.
"okay. in no particular order, i believe they are: han solo, that girl leia but especially with her hair down, anakin could take me to the dark side anytime he wanted, and also this guy poe."

magnus's opinions didn't leave much room for debate, as of course they were fact.
or maybe it was just because he refused to listen to any adjustments alec would try to add.

their evening in was suddenly interrupted by a phone call to alec.
"josh? what's wrong?"
"alec listen i- i tried to stop him. he didn't listen. i'm sorry in advance. i'm sorry i betrayed you. goodbye."
and he hung up.
magnus caught the worried look on alec's face.
"what was that about?"
"josh is scaring me. he said he's sorry for betraying me, and that he tried to stop 'him'. but i don't know who that-"

alec's phone rang again, but this time with a no caller id.
"who the hell is this?"
"hey sunshine. time we had a little chat, especially about that friend of yours, josh."

"jonathan?"

—————————————

yoyoyo i'm a massive star wars fan so that's why they watched it :))