the truth finally comes out...for definite this time.

magnus couldn't really say how quickly his jaw dropped. it just happened. he felt awful.
an hour ago, he was crying to alec's sister, and yelling at alec for -shock! horror!- falling asleep at his best friend's house.

the jab about josh's feelings for him still stood though; magnus knew he wasn't wrong. how? well,
he had his ways.

"okay. thanks. i understand that. bye!"
alec turned round to magnus with the brightest smile ever, his gorgeous eyes glistening with happiness. "you're living with me now!"

magnus wasted no time in jumping up and hugging alec. he felt...well to be honest there weren't words to describe how he felt. but there was one question: his dad.
"what about my dad, though?"
"well, whilst you were busy crying to my baby sister, my mom was actually sorting something out. in fact, she hasn't finished off, which is why she's still not here. but basically, my mom has got your dad a social worker!"

his jaw dropped again.
damn.
alec really does love me, doesn't he?
"alec, are you serious? won't that be expensive? you really shouldn't be doing this- i can't repay you."
"no seriously- my parents have more than enough money and also more than enough time on the their hands. i'm sure they could help at least one person out."
"repayment though. i can't just sit around and do nothing, honey."

alec sweetly kissed magnus's cheek. "you'll be repaying me if you live with me, so then i can see you all the time," he said. "anyways, i'm gonna make some cookies."

as if alec could hear magnus's thoughts, he halted halfway through the door.

"oh, and don't worry. i'll be contacting josh to have a serious conversation with him soon."

——————————

the next morning, isabelle came trudging downstairs. she was exhausted from the night before.
"well i'm glad to see someone's settling in perfectly fine!" she announced.
to a hilariously oblivious magnus and alec. her brother proceeded to throw water all around magnus, and magnus himself was almost crying with laughter.
"you kids seem to be having fun even though you're up so early- wait a minute. why is magnus wet?" maryse asked.

the day before, when she had got home, she'd made it clear to alec that his dad would only ever know of this if alec told him himself. robert and maryse hadn't fully divorced yet, but they were living in separate houses. she'd also granted alec permission to have magnus sleep in his room, so long as, and this was a quote unquote, "there was no funny business."

alec had said there won't be.
with his fingers crossed behind his back.

isabelle regathered herself for a moment and explained the situation. maryse rolled her eyes and laughed. alec had never been a jumpy person- he somehow knew when someone was coming around the corner all the time. he was impossible to prank or scare, which had proved an annoyance to his feisty little sister in childhood.  but ever since he'd gotten with magnus, he was always lost in thought. and when they were together, it was virtually impossible to get him to talk to anyone except magnus. thus, small things made him almost jump out of his skin. izzy has taken advantage of this more times than necessary.

maryse had to admit; when she first learnt about her son's boyfriend, she was a little wary. she had always known alec to be a smart and headstrong person, but he definitely made mistakes in his past. she saw it first hand.

the nights she'd wake up to hear him crying so hard he retched.
the days he refused to leave his room at all.
the gradual loss of his weight, turning him ill.
the pure loss of hope in his eyes.
the times he came home from school with a few more bruises or cuts than usual.