Chapter 7

I clenched my fist and braced for whatever's next.

"...THREE"

"HOLD IT!"

I almost let out a breath of relief when I heard someone call off the experiment, but to my luck, it was Wesker. He entered the room we were in and he made his way towards me.

Wesker- "Not you (Y/N), I still have something I need you to do for me."

A part of me wanted to thank the lord, but I knew that if I wanted to keep my father's promise, then I have to act just as clueless as everyone else.

You- "What? You don't want me to have this virus? Afraid I'll lose my head?"

Wesker- "I just received word about a new virus located in Rome, and I entrust you and a few other members to retrieve it for me."

You- "Wait, you want us to go right now? But can't you see I'm a little busy?"

Wesker- "There are other agents trying to get their hands on it, so time is of the essence my lady."

You- "Or maybe you just don't want to say goodbye to me just yet."

Wesker- "The chopper leaves in 20 minutes, do not be late Miss (Y/N)."

With that Wesker leaves and I was excused to the weaponry. Once I got my usual weapons, plus a .22 bolt action rifle just in case, I peeked over the laboratory and I saw that the virus that was injected into Clyde and Frank has rejected them. So scientists have kept them locked into the experiment room for further testing. 

You- "Damn you Wesker..."

Without any more distractions, I quickly made my way over to the roof to meet up with the others. 

You saw Mark and Nina and you just grumbled when she gave you a disgusted glare.

Nina- "You're still wearing those ?"

You- "Funny, I was going to ask the same with your face..."

Mark- "Stop."

Nina- "...Wesker should've just left you in the lab, would've saved us all the trouble."

You- "Maybe if you started worrying about your own damn appearance then MAYBE I'd leave you alone."

Without saying another word, Nina got on the chopper and Mark and I followed suit. After we strapped in I saw that Nina had her bruised hand bandaged and I couldn't help but speak up.

You- "Hey Nina be careful where you swing that hand, we wouldn't want you to hit and break something...oh wait...nevermind."

Nina- "Its not broken, its just bruised."

You- "Whatever makes you swing."

Mark- "That's enough you two, once we reach Rome who knows what we will face, so I suggest you save your energy and prepare yourselves."

Nina folded her arms and looked out into the view and I did the same, except I used this time to take a nap.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I lifted up my watch and saw a message from Wesker but I just ignored it and closed my eyes.

He ruined my nap last time so this time I'm taking it.

________________

"Wake up!"

I suddenly jolted awake when Mark slapped me across the face.

You- "Ow, Mark, what the hell was that for?!"

Mark- "Just get up and cover me, we're under attack!"