Chapter 8

You- "Um..guys...this blood is still fresh..."

Mark and Nina looked at each other before pulling out their signature guns. 

Mark- "Then we must stick together and be on high alert..."

I nodded and pull out my rifle before we continued forward. As we went deeper into the underground tunnel, watching our surroundings became harder as the underground passage got darker.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I was startled at the sudden sound of Mark's communicator going off. He looked at it and saw the incoming image on the screen.

Mark- "Its Wesker..."

Nina- "What does he need?"

You- "Well answer it already...I got a damn heart attack just by hearing it go off!"

Nina- "You are such a child..."

You- "Nobody asked you Nipples.."

Nina- "Why I oughta-!"

Mark- "-Quiet! I'm going to hit answer.."

Mark then answered the call and a small hologram image of Wesker sitting on his chair appeared above the small device."

Wesker- "Report...Its been 30 minutes and the chopper has not arrived back at base."

Mark- "We were under attack and unfortunately, our pilot was taken out moments before we could even reach the island."

Wesker- "I see, so you all have arrived at the underground passage, spot any other visitors?"

Mark- "Not at the moment, but (Y/N) found some fresh blood on the wall not to long ago, so our guess is that we weren't the ones to have found this place first."

Wesker- "There have been rumors of a test subject that has broken free from a quarantine room, eradicating every person on the premises."

Mark- "What are the odds that the Sample was destroyed as well?"

Wesker- "I wouldn't doubt that, but we won't know until you 3 search deeper.."

Nina- "Well do you happened to have any clue as to where the Virus Sample may be?"

Wesker- "There was also another rumor involving that."

Mark- "Which is?"

Wesker- "The subject had been injected with the virus itself the day it broke out."

You- "Well great! Now we gotta search for the bastard that we've been trying so hard to avoid and ask for a f*cking blood donation."

I suddenly heard a low growl nearby and I felt the hairs on my back stick up.

Wesker- "It seems you have found it...kill it if you must, but bring me back a blood sample."

The call disconnected and we all just turned our backs towards each other to point our guns to our surroundings.

Nina- "Where did that growl come from?"

Mark- "I don't know, it was too low to pinpoint the direction it was from."

You- "You know...in my years of being an agent, if you don't know where its coming from...check under your nose."

Nina- "What in the world are you trying to say..."

Mark- "It means check the places you can't see.."

Nina- "I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS!!"

Mark- "So why did you ask if you kn-?"