Chapter 9

"Oh sh*t, Mark..."

When I saw the creature, I only saw it from above and in the dark. And by the time it got down I was already under it so I couldn't steal a glance. But now that I got a good look at that thing..

You- "Damn you ugly..."

Nina- " (Y/N)...now is not the time for that.."

You- "Yeah I know....I just wanted to let it out."

Nina pulled out her shotgun but before she could start shooting, it charged at us and Nina pushed me away to avoid the impact.

You- "Holy sh*t! how was Mark able to hold this thing off??"

Nina- "I'm not sure, but we need to get out ASAP!"

You- "Wait! we can't leave without the blood sample!" 

Nina- "We'll both get killed at this point."

You- "Pshhhh...You knew what you signed up for."

Nina- "Alright, I know you're badly hurt but we need to work together, I have enough bullets to stall it for about 5 minutes or so, try to get some blood out of it in the meantime."

You- "You got it."

Nina  then ran towards it to start shooting at the thing while trying to avoid getting grabbed or hit. And while it's distracted I got up and slowly inched closer in between the lab equipment.

I looked down and realized my wounds were already healed. I guess Nina didn't seem to notice it because my clothes were still covered in blood. Either that or she was just more focused on the beast, I mean even I forget that I heal fast, when you're hiding something as big as The Cure in your body for all this time, it just slips your mind in times like this.

I was able to get closer and closer to the thing but it just won't stop throwing sh*t everywhere.

You- "Ugh, am I going to have to jump on this thing in order to get a damn sample out of it?"

But then I looked above me and saw that there are higher levels. I also noticed that more water is getting inside the lab the more damaged the walls were getting from the impacts.

You- "I had to ask..."

I quickly made my way up to the higher levels to try and get closer without getting hurt and I saw Nina was down to her pistol.

You- "Sh*t..I only have one try and if I miss, we're screwed."

Nina was down to her last round of bullets and I could see the desperation in her face. I quickly pulled out the syringe and held it in my mouth and put my foot over the rail to prepare myself. I don't have a lot of time after all, so I had to make this quick. Right when the beast charged at her again I quickly jumped off the rail and landed on its back. 

The thing tried to grab me but it couldn't, it was kind of like trying to scratch your back but you couldn't reach where it itched. I was observing the skin and I saw it was as hard as rocks, no wonder the bullets didn't do much on the damn thing.

What am I going to do to get the blood out?

Stick the syringe in its eye?

Right when I thought about that, it grabbed me and pulled me closer to its face and it opened its mouth an I saw it opened all the way down to its torso.

Nina- "(Y/N)!"

Yup.

The eye.

Do it.

Do it before it swallows you whole.

I quickly uncapped the syringe and with all my might, I stabbed its eye and it actually went through.