Clarisse and sea monsters...

"You guys are in soooo much trouble" My cousin said after an unwanted tour of her Confederate ship. Dark rooms over crowded with soldiwers their grey see through beards on their faces. Their eyes dark and terrified? We saw coal bunkers, the boiler and engine which seemed like they would blow up at any instant, the pilot hour and the powder magizine and gunnery deck (Clarisse's favorite). The gunnery had cannons refitted to shoot bronze cannon balls.

Everywhere we went on the dead soldiers stared at us. They approved of Annabeth when she told them she was from Virginia but hissed at Percy and me when we told them we're from New York calling us Yankees. Tyson was terrified making Percy hold his hands which made me giggle. He looked at me laughing and blushed and continued to try to soothe Tyson. "Your good with children" I whisper "I'm more of a kidnapper compared to you" He says removing his hand from Tyson's tight grip.

Finally we were invitedto dinner in the captains quarters which was the size of a walk in closet. Chips sandwitches and my favorite Dr. Pepper we're served by crewmen I waited until Clarisse ate so I knew it was safe "Your favorite cuz" Clarisse said tossing me a soda I popped it open. Clarisse gestured for me to prop my feet on the table like her so I did but when percy tried to she didn't let him "Don't think so Jackson...Taylor's one of the only good cousins" Clarisse sneered "Tantulas expelled you guys for eternity" Clarisse said smugly I rubbed my temple thinking of the brothers and sisters I left behind. "Your brother Brendon Johsty got grounded for a week along with Alexander Smith" Clarisse informed "What did they do?" I groaned "Started shooting at Tantuals he wanted them out but Mr. D decided since it was accurate shooting they'd only be grounded. Lucky Tantulas had a shield at the time" Clarisse laughed "But Mr. D says if you ever show your faces again he'll turn you into squirrels and run you over with his SUV" Clarrise says "Did they give you this ship?" I ask "Course not! My father did" Clarisse said smugly "Ares?" Percy asked "Yes your daddy's not the only one with sea power all losers of war owe my father for losing. They'll do anything I ask won't you captain" Clarisse asked "Anything to end the war m'am we'll kill anyone" The captain said "Kill anyone I like that" she smiled Tyson gulped. "Clarisse" I said a mouthful of sandwitch. I swallowed "Luke's after the Fleece he has the coordinates he's heading south..." "Good I'll blow him out of the water" she shouted "I don't think you understand" Annabeth started to explain "We have to combine forces and..." "No! This is my quest smartgirl! Neither you Little Miss. Sunshine over here or Jackson will take it away from me!" "Where are your cabin mates you could bring two?" Percy asked "They didn't...I left them to protect the camp" "You mean even your siblings didn't want to help?" I ask "Shut up Little Miss. Perfect I don't them or you!" "Clarisse Tantulas is setting you up to fail!" Percy says "No I don't car what the Oracle said..." She stopped herself quickly "What did the Oracle say?" I asked "Nothing!" She shouted with pink ears "Take em' below and assign them hammocks if they don't cooperate show them how we deal with enemy spies" "So we're prisoners?" I asked "Guests...for now"

I slumped down on a hammock and fell into a dreamless sleep thank the Gods!

I ran to the deck with Annabeth and Tyson wondering why in Hades I haven't even been able to brush my hair "Pull that alarm Yankee!" A soldier commanded me I pulled the alarm and bells went off "Percy? Where's Percy?" I asked "A soldier is getting him" Annabeth assures sure enough Percy stumbles up "Why?" he asks groggily "We're entering..." I say "Entering what?" "The Sea of Monsters..."

"What's wrong Percy?" I asked "Another dream?" he nodded unsure. Clarisse came upstairs grabbing a pair of boniculars but Percy avoided looking at her. "I packed your stuff" Percy says "Thanks" I say out reaching to grab the sailor knapsack "I'll carry it" he assures "At last full speed ahead captain" Clarisse commanded I looked foward to the splotchy islands far ahead. "To much strain on the pistons not meant for deep water" Tyson murmered amongst the cliffs I could see a storm brewing "Hurricane?" Annabeth asks "No Charybdis" Clarisse said "Are you crazy?" Annabeth asked "Only way between Charybdis and her sister Scylla" "The only way? What about Clashing Rocks its how Jason passed" I suggested "Can't blow up rocks but I can blow up monsters" Clarisse explains "You are crazy" I mutter "Charybdis doesn't she suck up the sea and spit it back out what does Scylla do?" Percy ask "If we get to close her snaky heads pluck people off the boat" "Then choose Scylla and go under deck!" Percy shouted "Can't if Scylla doesn't get easy picking she'll just lift the whole ship" I explain my hands started to grow clammy I held onto the rail for support. I had to agree Charybdis was our best shot when we got closer we could hear her roar. When she enhaled we were lurched foward when she exhaled we we're shot back ten feet "Do you still have your thermos?" Annabeth asked "Yes but it's to dangerous with the whirlpool winds more wind can make things worst" Percy answers "What about controlling water?" I ask he nodded trying to concetrate "I can't" he said miserably "We need a back up plan" I said "Yes engines no good" Tyson said "What?" I ask "Pressure. Pistons need fixing" he answers "Full reverse ahead man the starboard cannons pointed north! Well? Now!" Clarisse shouted the boat creaked and the water splashed against the sides. "M'am the engine is over heated! We can't move or it'll blow!" A soldier shouted "Fix it!" "We can't we'll vaporize in the heat!" "I'll fix it!" Tyson volunteered "No it's to dangerous" Percy said "He's immuned to fire Percy" I said "I will fix it" Tyson assured Sine we couldn't move we got sucked into the whirlpool. Charybdis moth in range. Teeth the size of row boats covered in moss and worst she had braces with fish and sea weed stuck in the bands. "Uck that girl needs some toothpaste" I muttered "Fire!" Clarisse shouted some went in but soon the ship started moving again "Tyson did it!" I cheered "No we have to stay close!" Clarisse shouted "No we HAVE to leave or we'll die!" Percy shouted "M'lady the engine it's about to blow!" An other soldier shouted "Where's Tyson" I asked "Still down there holding it together somehow" He answered "We have to abonden ship!" The captain said "No!" Clarisse bellowed "The hull it's already cracking it won't..." But the captain never got to finish quick as lightning a snake head reached down and grabbed him "Below deck!" Percy shouted "Below deck is in flames!" Clarisse reminded him "The life boats!" I shouted "It'll never pass Scylla" Clarisse shouted "The thermos!" I shouted "I'll go get Tyson go prepare the life boats" Percy decided "But the heat will kill you" I said I hugged him and he hugged back tightly but we pulled apart "C'mon Tori!" Annabeth shouted I got on and we started being pulled down one of Scylla's heads got Percy and my heart started pounding faster "Percy!" I shouted tears falling down my face Percy stabbed her eye and he started to fall right after the ship exploded "Tyson!" I shouted even more tears streaming down my face "Look Percy" Annabeth said pointing at Percy's body "Go!" I shouted. Please be ok Percy please please.