||3 Fate||

Hey everyone assalamoalikum. 🤗🤗

 🤗🤗

***

How unbelievable yet true is fate. It was just a few days ago Irfa was crying over the cruelty of life but now she was thanking her lord. Everything seemed to be a dream but this time it was the reality. The reality she had never imagined of, the reality which was better than her bad dreams.

She kept tossing in the bed as sleep was far from her. The sudden change of position had left her in a state of discomfort. Frustrated by her lack of sleep she got up and started looking outside. She didn't know for how long she kept staring into the space lost in her thoughts about everything and anything. Suddenly her heart started beating fast, and she was becoming breathless.

Her throat tightened making her look for water only to find the empty bottle. Quickly getting down she went outside. She heard some noise from a direction while heading downstairs. Thinking of it as any member of the house she went in that direction. She reached the place, it was the kitchen. Standing at the kitchen's gate she peeked inside and found the refrigerator's door open. She slowly peeked and saw a manly figure taking out something. She coughed and the man turned in a jerk as if startled.

It was some man who was staring at her with wide eyes and a spoon in his mouth. She raised her eyebrows and the same time the spoon fell from his mouth…'who is she' was the first thing that came to his mind. He had returned from work at 2 a.m so his over concerned mother didn't give him food as it was his caring father's order.

She didn't show any reaction further. Taking steps towards the refrigerator she stood beside his seated form. She took out a bottle of water and went away without turning back to look at the person who was confused as hell.

“Who was she ?” He mumbled and took out the jar of Nutella. Nobody had told him about any visitor, and she was someone he had never seen. His thoughts lingered on her for some time, but he shrugged it off and concentrated on filling his empty stomach.

The morning was unusually late or maybe her sleeplessness made her feel so. The wall clock indicated the fair time, so she woke up Shifa and together they prayed first prayer of the day. It was such a refreshing feeling, praying with a happy heart. The contentment she was getting was new, and she didn't know if it was right to get contented or not, she only knew she got a family...the one she had always longed for.

“Come Irfa let's unpack your things. I made space in my cupboard.” Shifa said breaking her revere. She got up and carried her bag towards the walk in closet.

Shifa narrowed her eyes seeing the one large suitcase and a small bag. It was way too less for a person who was shifting for ever and most importantly very less for a girl. Sensing her confusion Irfa spoke,

“Actually...these are my only things.” Taking a brief pause she again spoke but stuttered as a lump had formed in her throat.

“I di…didn't go an…anywhere...so...”before she could complete Shifa cut her in between,