||11 The Functions Begin||

Assalamoalaikum everyone. Do check the above media. Vote and comment.

***

Jealousy, something that can ruin things and make them too. Shehreyar was jealous, but he didn't even know that. He had seen her talking with everyone and each time her smile had made him jealous that why? Why couldn't she talk to him like that, but then had he left any chance of ruining their unformed relation?

Khizir's smiling face came in front of his eyes startling him. He had zoned out and that too standing in the middle of living room, great! Khizir raised his eyebrows making him do the same, Khizir smiled which again he copied.

“Man stop copying me.” Khizir whined making Shehreyar scoff at him.

“Stop doing weird things, what do you want?” Annoyance was crystal clear in his voice, he had immediately removed his eyes from Khizir because he knew it won't take him to find what the matter was.

“Nothing, we aren't invited in the function now so let's go upstairs.” He said wrapping his one hand around Shehreyar's shoulder and dragging him with himself.

The rituals of Sana were going on beautifully, the elder ladies had applied turmeric paste one by one. Happiness evident on their faces yet eyes teary on seeing their beloved daughter all grown up, ready to leave them all.

The turn was of the younger ladies. Saba asked Irfa to go first making her look at her mother for some moment and smile. Respect that she had for her mamma increased for nth times. Love and respect, the things she had longed for, the things she never thought she would get, all she got here in just a short span of few months.

“May Allah bless you aapi.” She whimpered as she applied the paste on Sana's cheeks making the bride smile at her kindly.  She was followed by Shifa, Alizeh and Zainab and then the relatives and guests.

For about an hour and two the function processed and finally the time to take Sana back came. Saba asked Irfa to take her back making her nod at her and accompany Sana back to her room.

“Irfa, can you please call Shehreyar?” Sana asked after she had changed into comfortable clothes and removed the paste with Irfa's help. Hearing her, Irfa froze. She had been trying not to face Shehreyar, after the stunt she had pulled in the noon. She couldn't also deny Sana...she had to face him.

Coming out of the room she started walking towards the terrace, thinking of the ways to confront Shehreyar but alas! None came to her mind. Mentally slapping her for behaving rudely with him she sighed. Shehreyar was talking with Khizir making her take a sigh of relief at least he won't say anything in front of Khizir. She went near them and spoke,

“Sana aapi is calling you.” Her eyes weren't even looking his way making his anger increase to ten folds, he knew Sana was calling him but still pretended the opposite.

“Me?” Khizir asked seeing lack of response from Shehreyar.

“No, him.” She whispered.

“I am coming.” Shehreyar spoke before Khizir could sense anything. He stepped forward and started walking towards Sana's room followed by Irfa.

They reached Sana's room and Shehreyar entered followed by her who was still looking down and bumped into his back. 'What's with me and bumping today.' She hissed to herself and stepped back. The moment she looked up his curious gaze stricken her making her look here and there.

“Shehry, my friends are coming over. Can you please go and pick them up from airport?' Sana asked as she saw her brother enter.

“Sure.” He replied.

“Thanks, take Irfa too, they will be comfortable.” Sana dropped the bomb on her making her eyes widen like saucer.

“Can you go Irfa? Please.” Sana pleaded.

“Okay.” Irfa whispered but loud enough for the other two to hear, making one smile in thankfulness and other frown in irritation.

“You can leave now, their flight will arrive in an hour. They will meet you outside.” Sana informed making the other two nods and leave.

“You don't have to come… I will take Shifa.” He spoke making her sigh in relief but the very next moment she remembered that Sana had asked her and it would be rude to deny.

“No, it's fine. I will come.” Shehreyar had thought she would agree, and he had really wished he hadn't offered that. He wanted her to come and her approval made him somewhat a little but happy. Informing Saba they left.

“Why did you agree to come? Last time I remember you didn't even want to stay near me.” He spoke breaking the silence. She frowned on his statement.

“I know that my addition to the family is not liked by you. But I can't let others to think that we are on bad terms and worry them. I will try not to intrude in your matter and the thing about me, I still don't want to stay near you as I don't know how to behave.” She said in a low tone, yet it felt like it had pierced into his skin. His own words, that's what she had repeated...the words he had said to his mother before the shopping trip.

“Irfa-” he tried to say anything, but she moved her head towards the window, indicating him to shut whatever he was about to say.
They reached the airport and after picking the guest returned back. They were two girls and Irfa had talked well with them, 'she would talk to whole world but me.' He thought.

Imran's function hadn't started till they reached. Shehreyar had directly gone to the terrace, daring not to turn and look back, fearing that he might burst up. Irfa had escorted the guest to Sana's room and herself had gone in the backyard.

“Irfa go call the men they also have to do the rasam.” Saba said making her nod at her. She looked around in search of Shifa thinking of asking her to do the job but to her bad luck Shifa was attending some guests. Sighing in defeat she went to call the men.

Standing at the entrance of terrace she kept staring the elders laughing and talking together with each other. Shehreyar, Khizir and Imran were seated near them and talking amongst themselves. The scene was adorable where her baba and uncle were laughing.

Shehreyar had seen her standing at the entrance and the beautiful smile on her face had easily pulled his heart's string. Her eyes were holding an emotion of awe as she saw his dad and uncles sitting together and laughing. She stepped forward and their eyes clashed, and her smile dropped.

“Khizir mamma is calling you all in the lawn for the rasam.” she said and her voice brought Shehreyar out from his trance, the trance where he was thinking that his mere presence was enough for her mood to ruin.

“Yeah we are coming... I was just waiting for this.” Playfully winking her he informed everyone, and they all followed her downstairs. Their faces holding a smile while his, better not to be talked about.

He was angry.