||15 First Day At Work||

***

***

Irfa was having a dilemma, whether to work or not. Her mind was saying to go for it and so was her heart yet there at some point it felt like she would hurt her family. Her confused state wasn't hidden from Saba and being mother and knowing about her wish, she knew what was going in Irfa's mind.

Mr. Ahmed and Shehreyar couldn't make it to lunch and Shifa had some work of her college so only Saba and Irfa were at home. It was the right time to confront her.

“Irfa, come here.” Saba called her after they had lunch. Nodding her head at Saba she followed her mother to the living room. Sitting next to Saba Irfa could feel the homeliness and warmth. Saba smiled at her and made Irfa lie on the long sofa with her head resting on her lap. She passed fingers on her scalp sending a sense of calmness in her chaotic mind.

“I know what you are thinking my child. It's okay for you to think that way...buy remember that whatever decision you will make will be supported by us. Don't think that your working would hurt us. It's your life beta and I know you don't want to be a burden on us, your thinking is absolutely right. Believe me you will never be a burden on us but for your satisfaction you should work. Whatever work you want to do. Just remember one thing, we are family.” Irfa's eyes had started flowing, the unconditional love she was getting from them was unexplainable.

Her tears weren't that of pain, neither of guilt...they were just tears. The tears that comes when you thank your lord, the tears that shows how merciful, how loving he is.

“Mamma,” she whispered in a hoarse voice and got up. Her tear stained face was evident to her pure heart, the one that had endured so much pain. Saba embraced her in hug, resting her head on her chest and wrapped her hands around her form, like a mother does to her crying baby. She patted her back, she didn't stop her from crying because she knew these weren't the tears of pain.

“Mamma loves you my child. She will always do.” she whispered and tightened her grip letting the warmth of a mother go to her daughter.

“Thank you.” Irfa parted and spoke. Saba smiled and patted her cheek.

“Don't you dare think that you will handle your expenses on your own, we have full right to spoil you.” She joked making Irfa chuckle softly.

“Han sara pyar to Irfa ke liye hi hai, hamare liye toh bas chate aur jutiyan hi hain. (Yes, yes all the love is for Irfa, my fate only has slaps and shoes.)” Shifa's playful voice made them look back. Standing with her hands folded Shifa was smiling seeing the beautiful scene.

“Idhar aao.(come here)” Saba called making Shifa run towards them and take them in a group hug.

“Mom, shouldn't we go for shopping? Irfa needs some office going attires, what say?” Shifa asked parting.