||29 First Fight||

***

***

Silence is something mysterious. Hard to decipher, what for it is? The silence in the car was making things difficult, more than it was. Shifa and Khizir were staring at the road...both motionless, both speaking not a word. They didn't even know what to speak? The only sign of life remained their breathing which was audible in the cold silence.

Shifa's mind was clogged with all kinds of thoughts. Most likely of him and their recent engagement. Her mother had asked her to give a chance, but was it that easy? Or was it her ego that wasn't allowing her to open up? Everything was so confusing, but she needed to find out the answer.

Khizir had never imagined him and her being in such a situation where they would sit like this, without any teasing and fights. It was suffocating him, the silence. He knew the sudden news of their fixed marriage was nothing but a blast to them, but he also knew, there was something hidden beneath all this tensions. Yet he couldn't find out what?

The car stopped bringing Shifa out of her musings and look outside. It was a parking lot, she stepped out of the car followed by him and both proceeded towards the mall.

“Shifa...what should we buy?” Khizir asked hesitantly walking beside her.

“You haven't yet decided?” she asked with a bit of disbelief and irritation in her voice.

“We can decide it now, let's have coffee?” He asked trying to ease the uncontrollably growing tensions. Shifa nodded and followed him to the café.

“So what does Zainab like the most.?”Shifa asked taking a sip of coffee.

“K dramas.” he said the only thing he remembered making her nod at him.

“And?” she asked.

“Well I.chocolate... I don't know clearly.” Khizir said scratching his head, she shook her head in disbelief.

“I knew it.” Shifa whispered.

“Comfy clothes, chocolates, bracelet, books, Pokémon.” Shifa spoke making him shock. She had counted those things like it was on her tongue's tip.

Embarrassment filled him thinking that he himself didn't know about his sister's liking. He looked here and there and spoke,

“So let's start with finding the bracelet.” Shifa nodded and they went towards the jewelry shop. After searching for sometime she found a beautiful bracelet, a golden one with pearls and stars. She turned around only to bump straight in him. He took a step back and looked down and apologize.

“See this one is perfect.” Shifa showed him the bracelet making him nod and take it. Getting it packed they went to buy some Pokémon stuff toys for Zainab.

“Shifa do you really think she needs these stuff toys?” Khizir asked picking up a bulbasuar.

“No she doesn't need this but need is different from liking.” she said not facing him. A distant feeling showing in her voice making his heart clench a little.