||28 I Am Happy||

***

***

Beautiful time passes in blink of eye...leaving beautiful memories, the one worth cherishing forever. It's been a week to the day Shehreyar and Irfa were tied together. And this one week was nothing but a bliss. From praying morning obligatory prayers together to endless talks before sleeping...it was all amazing.

All the guests had returned and now the family was alone. They were having their breakfast which was prepared by Irfa as the new bride...for the first time.

“Ma sha Allah you cook really nice. It's so delicious.” Mr Ahmed said tasting the kheer that she prepared. It was a ritual, the new bride makes something sweet and the family members give presents in return.

“Yes Irfa it's really tasty.” Shifa also added.

“So what do you want as your reward?” Mr Ahmed asked.

"Anything you wish baba.” she said with a smile making every one smile.

“You will get your gift.” He said patting her head.

“So what have you decided beta…will you join office?” Saba asked.

“Yes mamma, I was about to ask this. I want to continue my job if you all have no problem with it.” She said politely making them smile.

“Why would we have any problem?...so my assistant you will rejoin office from tomorrow.” Mr Ahmed said in a playful commanding tone.

“Yes boss.” she replied in the same tone and everyone laughed.

Shehreyar chuckled softly on his wife's antics. He glanced at his smiling and laughing family, what could he wish for more? This was all he ever wanted. His family happy and contented. Sending a silent prayer to his lord of thankfulness and asking him to keep things like this he continued eating his food.

__________

“Shifa come here.” Saba called her daughter who was looking tensed and Saba clearly knew why.

“Yes mom.” she said and sat beside her mother.

“Listen to me very carefully bacha.”

“Is everything fine?” Shifa asked in a concerned voice, she glanced at her mother's face trying to decipher what was wrong.

“Yes everything's fine.” Saba said and made her lie on the bed and placed her head on her lap.

“Beta you are the youngest one in our family, we all love a lot.” Saba started speaking massaging Shifa's hair simultaneously.

“When you were born your grandfather was very happy...he knew that Zafar had a daughter but in his ego he didn't contact him, he also knew that Irfa's mother was no more he was helpless he wanted his son back, but he couldn't speak out his emotions.