Missing

Your Pov~
     Obi claimed that the Black Hawks camped in the southwest region of the Clarines forest, so we searched there first. However, we hadn't found any signs of civilization so far, and I was beginning to lose hope that we would ever find them.

     I turned to ask Zen when we were going to camp out because it was starting to get dark, but he wasn't there. Then I remembered that he had left on nature calls a few minutes ago. It shouldn't be taking him this long..

     "Hey uh, guys?" I asked, slightly worried about Zen. Me and Obi lagged slightly behind Mitsuhide and Kiki to watch the soldiers behind us, so I had to raise my voice slightly to get them to hear me. Obi turned his head towards me, sharing the same slightly concerned look.

     "Master should have been back by now," he muttered, just loud enough for us to hear but not the soldiers. We couldn't afford having them freak out.

     "Yeah," Mitsuhide said, walking over towards us with Kiki following close behind. "Give him a few more minutes and then we'll look for him if he doesn't return by then." I nodded, and Obi did too.

     "Well I don't know," Obi smirked, "maybe he's having some trouble relieving himself." I elbowed him in the side, although I was having a hard time containing my laughter.

     "Respect your master, Obi," I scolded him, but with all the giggling in between words, he wouldn't have taken me seriously.

     "I do," he insisted, but he broke out laughing too. Rolling my eyes at the inappropriate joke, I turned to Kiki.

     "Hey, should we take a break for a minute? Maybe Zen couldn't find us because we moved on without him," I suggested, and Kiki nodded.

     "Well I don't know how he could miss a group of 50 soldiers, but you're right."

     I turned back and placed my hands beside my mouth to amplify my voice.

     "ALL OF YOU, WE'RE TAKING A MOMENTARY BREAK!! RELAX AND GET A DRINK FROM YOUR POUCHES!!!" The soldiers grunted collectively in response, making me roll my eyes. Not even enough respect to say "Yes Ma'am". They're lucky that we need them in case things are sour with the bandit camp.. if we find it.

     A few minutes passed as me, Obi, Mitsuhide, and Kiki chatted while the soldiers sat around drinking water and gossipping. What a bunch of chatty teenagers. Zen still hadn't returned, much to my concern. The sky was orange as the sun made it's descent below the horizon, which meant we only had around half an hour at most before night fell. Without the prince, it was especially hard to get the soldiers to follow orders.

     Obi glanced in my direction while Kiki and Mitsuhide talked about their experiences with training soldiers, his amber eyes glittering with worry.

     "Hey," Obi took Mitsuhide and Kiki's attention, "Maybe me or Mitsuhide should go and check on Master."

     I nodded in agreement at his suggestion, and Mitsuhide seemed to agree.

     "I'm not great at tracking," Mitsuhide said with a sheepish chuckle, "so I think Obi should go to check on him, because he'll be able to track Zen if he got lost."

     I nodded. "Well, get to it Kitty." With a scoff at my nickname, he turned and darted into the forest. Often times he could run off before people could even comprehend him with their eyes, which shook people up. Of course, Mitsuhide and Kiki were used to this.

     I wonder how much they know about Obi considering he's been here for 4 years.

     I'm gonna guess that they don't know very much.

     With a huff, I plopped myself down in the grass and waited for Obi to return. Leaning against the trunk of a tree, I closed my eyes.

     "Are you okay?" Obi asked, holding his hand out to me. I grabbed his hand and was brought to my feet, brushing myself off after my tumble in the dirt.

     "Yeah," I smiled, ignoring the sharp pain in my right calf. A log had scraped my leg, but I'd been injured worse and I didn't want Obi blaming himself for my injury because he didn't catch me in time before I tumbled down the small hill.

     "Good," he said smiling.

     "He--

     My reminiscing was cut off by Obi's urgent voice.

     "He's missing. I couldn't find him anywhere," Obi said, grimacing with an anxious glint in his eyes.

     "There's a trail. I think he was kidnapped."

     Shortish chapter... Oof. Does this count as a cliffhanger? Who knows.