The Heartbreaking Split

Your POV~
When I walked into Zen's office, he wasn't there. He said he'd be in his office all day because the staff were harassing him to do his work again.. where is he??

"Hey, Y/N."

I snapped my head over to the source of the voice--Obi was sitting in the window with a grim expression on his face.

"Obi," I muttered, frowning. "Where's Zen?"

He turned away from me, amber eyes blazing into the floor. "I'm not sure. He..."

"...nevermind."

My brows furrowed. "No, what were you going to say?"

He sighed. I'd never heard him this defeated. "Look." When he looked up at me, his eyes were glimmering with unshed tears. "It's not my place to say, but--you should talk to Shirayuki. And I'll look for Zen..."

I sighed, realizing how serious this must be. "I--okay. Where is Shirayuki right now?"

He looked outside. "She's in the garden right now. She'll probably tell you she's working--that's she's busy and not to bother her, but don't listen to her, okay?"

My frown grew deeper, and I nodded, walking up to the window beside him. "Let's meet back here in 10?"

He gave me a solemn nod before dropping out the window. I quickly followed, watching for just a moment as he ran off to find Zen before I turned towards the large greenhouse and ran, my feet pounding almost rhythmically into the grass.

When I reached the massive structure, I didn't waste a single moment before yanking one of the glass doors open.

Shirayuki looked up from where she was working on a planter box, her eyes looking slightly bloodshot--that was the first warning sign.

"Hey Shirayuki," I paused, trying to figure out how to ask her when I didn't even know what I was asking about. "I heard someth--"

"Sorry," Shirayuki bowed, "I'm busy. I need to go ... Ehm... Organize the seeds in the herbal closet."

She was a terrible liar.

I stopped her as she tried to walk away, staring into her green eyes. I guess I was trying to figure out what she was feeling, but I was no story protagonist--nor was I emotionally intelligent enough to tell what she was feeling on just her eyes alone. So instead, I grabbed her by the shoulders and decided to be blunt.

"Obi seems really worried about you." She flinched, clearly uncomfortable, but I continued. "And we can't find Zen. Clearly, something happened. Mind elaborating?"

She stuttered, going red in the face, before signing and sinking onto the stone bench next to her.

"I..."

She swallowed hard. "I know me and Zen's wedding was only two weeks away..."

"But I--" her voice cracked, "I couldn't do it. I told him ... I told him I was growing feelings for someone else, and that I couldn't go through with our marriage."

I blinked, completely dumbfounded. No but--but that's impossible! Her and Zen were madly in love!!

Wait... Who is she growing feelings for?

I placed one hand on the stone bench, leaning over as I stared down at her. "Who?" I was almost afraid of her answer.

All my fears were confirmed when she slowly opened her mouth--her whole body was trembling at this point.

"I think... I think I'm falling in love with--" she choked, and it was only then that I noticed tears were rapidly filling her eyes. "I'm falling in love with Obi."