Shut up, Worrywart

Your Pov~
When I woke up, I found myself on a soft surface, which I soon recognized as an infirmary bed. Huh? How could they have moved me here while I was asleep? I was typically a light sleeper, so this was unusual. I was exhausted though..

Suddenly, something grabbed hold of me and squeezed me tight.

"E-eh?" I squeaked, feeling the pain of my broken rib and gashed up back full force. When I gasped for air with my chest being squeezed impossibly tight, whatever was holding me loosened it's grip and I felt something rest softly on my shoulder.

"You're awake.."

In an instant, I recognized the voice as Obi's. How long have I been out?

"Obi..?" He took a sharp breath, and I could feel his heavy emotions engulfing us both as his arms remained loosely wrapped around my lower back.

He seemed to regain his composure after a few moments before pulling away, his soft hair brushing against my neck. His amber eyes were glossy with tears, something I rarely saw, and it looked like he hadn't slept in a few weeks.

"H-how long have I been... Out?" I rasped out, surprised at my own voice. I sounded weak and hoarse, and most of all, vulnerable. And I hated being vulnerable.

"..." He stayed silent for a few moments, his cat-like eyes resting solemnly on the floor. What the hell happened while I was asleep? He looked mostly healed now, having only a few scratches and a bruise or two, which meant I must've been out for long enough for him to recover.

"Two months," he answered softly, "Two months and five days."

"Damn," I chuckled in my ugly sounding hoarse voice, "Are you sure I haven't been out for two years instead of two months? Because you're sure making it seem like I have."

"Oh just shut up," he said in a hushed tone, "..we.. we didn't think you'd wake up."

"Alright, so this leaves one question," I quirked a brow, "what in the hell happened?"

"Oh," he chuckled half-heartedly, "Right. While you were in the waiting room, you lost a lot of blood--a lot more blood than anyone was expecting, and you passed out."

"I don't know exactly what happened after that--you should ask Zen or Kiki--but Zen ended up trying to carry you into the infirmary with his broken ankle but obviously he didn't make it that far," he breathed before continuing, "eventually Shirayuki found you on the floor with Zen and we treated you, and she found out that you had internal bleeding.."

Well hot damn.

"If only we'd found out sooner, we would've swapped you for one of the soldiers being treated right away," he sighed, "but we were too late, and you ended up in a coma for two months."

"I knew I was more injured than half those weak ass soldiers," I hissed half-jokingly, making Obi roll his eyes.

"You've been out for two months with no guarantee that you'd ever wake up and you've made me worry nonstop this whole time," he shot me an are you kidding me look, "and one of the first things you say now that you're conscious is a diss towards the damned soldiers?"

"Yeah," I smirked, "Got a problem with that?" I was expecting him to make another snarky remark but instead he leaned forward and pressed his lips against my forehead,

"I'm so glad you're okay, Y/N," he whispered, and vulnerability was clear in his voice as he slowly pulled away, his eyes looking softly at me before falling to the floor guiltily. "If only you'd been treated before me--"

I leaned forward off of the pillows to sit up (although it hurt like hell) and pressed a finger to his lips, a small smile on my face.

"Just shut up, Worrywart."

Slow, slow updates. But I'm thinking that I'll close this story off soon. It's short, but I'm kinda running out of ideas x3