Conflicted

Your Pov~
     I sighed as I yanked my hair tie out, letting my H/L H/C hair pool onto my shoulders as I laid back, shutting my eyes for a moment. But sleep wouldn't come.

     Ever since two weeks ago when I awoke from my coma, I'd wondered something;

     Is Obi in love with me?

     At first, I thought that I was ridiculous for even considering that, but now it kind of messed with me. Obi's in love with Shirayuki, right..? Right???

     Thinking about him loving Shirayuki filled me with an unpleasant feeling, and I sighed. That was a whole new predicament--I'd started becoming jealous of Shirayuki. I can't be in love with him, can I? There's no way..

     If someone had asked me a few months ago if I had feelings for Obi, I would've probably said that hell would freeze over before I ever even appreciated Obi's existence--but now, not only had I forgiven him for leaving me those years ago, I'd also come to realize that he's the exact same as the Obi I'd crushed on for nearly my entire childhood.

     I was broken out of my thoughts when the door creaked open to let glowing light flood into my room, startling me. I instinctively reached for my dagger on the nightstand but froze when I saw who was in the doorway.

     It was Obi. Speak of the damn devil.

     I relaxed and leaned forward in bed, quirking a brow at him through the dimness of my room.

     "Hey, Kitty," I said casually, though I couldn't keep my heart from fluttering spastically. I was just thinking about him and like some kind of twisted magic, now he was here. "Did you need something?"

     He leaned against the doorway, looking tired. The heavy sigh that echoed through my room proved my suspicions, and I stood up, walking over to him. It was no secret to me that he hadn't slept well recently--well, to be fair, he never slept well from the very moment he was born, but now he was getting even less sleep.

     His amber eyes examined me as I stepped into the light that beamed into the room from the hallway, and I couldn't help but squirm just a little bit beneath his gaze. I need to get myself together.

     He finished looking me over as his eyes met mine, and he frowned.

     "Look," he breathed, "I can't sleep. Can I.. sleep with you?" I was floored. What?!

     "Obi~~" I whined in my annoying yet cute 7 year old voice, as I sniffled and sobbed, "I--I had an-another nightmare.. I c-can't sleep..."

     He sighed and grabbed my wrist, pulling me gently into his room and I shut the door behind us. If we didn't shut the door, cold drafts from the rest of the bunker would chill us and inevitably make us sick.

     He sat in his bed and tugged me in with him, tucking me gently into the covers before laying beside me and wrapping his tiny 8-year-old arm around my narrow shoulders.

     "Just sleep with me tonight," he uttered in a hushed tone, "I'll tell your nightmares that they can screw off. So if you ever can't sleep, just come into my room and lay with me, okay?"

     I sniffled as I snuggled into him. "O-okay."

     A small smile lifted my lips and Obi tilted his head, cocking a brow.

     "What are you smiling about?"

     "Nothing," my smile grew slightly wider, "I just remember when the roles were reversed in this situation. I'd have all those terrible nightmares and so I slept with you almost every night because you said you'd 'tell the nightmares to screw off'."

     We both chuckled a little at that and I let him in, feeling much more comfortable now. He took a seat in the corner of my room as I sat back in my bed, making me frown.

     "Oh come on," I rolled my eyes, "you'll wake up stiff and cramped if you sleep on the floor like that." He simply scoffed and didn't respond, so I got up and tugged him to his feet, pulling him by the wrist to my bed. He let me drag him along--I figured he was too tired to fight it anyway.

     "Y/N--" I ignored his protests as I pushed him onto my mattress and tucked him in before walking around to the other side of the bed and laying down.

     "Isn't this so much more comfortable?" I asked teasingly, rolling my eyes. "God, you're such a dumbass."

     He only huffed an annoyed sigh. "Oh shut up. I would've been just fine on the floor."

     "Uhuh, sure," I shook my head softly, before leaning it against his shoulder. Sleep began creeping through my body in it's warm, peaceful way, forcing my eyelids shut. "Just shut up.. and accept your dependence on me, you.. idiot."

     And in a few more seconds, I was out.

     Obi's Pov~
     My heart began beating even faster as she nuzzled her head into my shoulder, and I wouldn't have been surprised if she could hear it. If she did, though, she pretended not to notice.

      "Just shut up.. and accept your dependence on me, you.. idiot.." she murmured slowly, before her breathing evened out and she fell asleep, nuzzling further into me. After a moments hesitation, I lifted my arm and wrapped it around her side, letting her sleeping figure nuzzle into my chest.

     I sighed, leaning my head back against one of the three pillows she had on her bed. They were almost shockingly soft.

     For 4 years, I thought I was in love with Shirayuki..

     But somehow that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I still care deeply about Shirayuki, of course, but I think the moment when Y/N went into a coma proved that my heart belonged to Y/N.

     But there's no way she loves me back. Especially after I left her all alone for so long. I'm not even sure if she's really forgiven me for that yet--maybe she never will.

     Using my free hand, I combed my fingers through my hair, sighing again. I shouldn't be worrying about that when I haven't had more than 2 hours of sleep a night for 2 weeks, should I?

     I glanced down at the beautiful Y/N nuzzled into my chest. Her H/L H/C hair was pooled around her head like a pond of silk, only making her peaceful closed eyes stand out on her smooth face. I could feel her chest rise and fall as she breathed softly, and I gently closed my eyes, falling asleep to the rhythm of her heartbeat thumping against my chest.

     Heyy I updated and it actually hasn't been as long as I've taken previously to update. Progresss