Chapter 6:

I woke up to the sound of hard rain drops pattering against the roof and window. It was still dark and the sound of yelling came from outside.

I slowly got out of bed and sat on the edge of my bed and wiped the sleep from my eyes. I got up and quietly opened my bedroom door to look at the clock. It was 1:00 in the morning. 

I quietly shut it again and walked over to my window which over looked the front road to see if that was where the yelling was coming from. I didn't see anyone from that window so I turned and walked to the window which over looked the side road.

It was hard to see past the blurriness of the raindrops that dripped down the closed window. I opened it a bit and saw two people. A boy and a girl standing out in the rain. The sound of the rain and people yelling grew louder.

They both looked pretty upset. The boy's back was facing my window so I couldn't figure out who that was. I looked up at the girl. She was tall, slim, but curvy, and her makeup was coming off. Although her face was a little disorientated by her running makeup she looked familiar.  

I figured it wasn't any of my business so I decided to butt out of it, but before I could close the window I thought I heard a familiar name "Sandy what do you mean?"

Sandy? I've heard that name before, but I couldn't quite place a finger on it. "Soda. I told you what it meant! It's not yours!" The girl yelled. It hit me.

Sandy was Soda's girlfriend, but what were they doing arguing out in the rain? "So your telling me after all this time? After I thought of proposing to you, you've been cheating on me with some soc?" Soda yells furious. 

I was taken a back. I've never heard Soda raise his voice in anger before never mind yell.So many emotions and questions were running around in my head banging against my skull. "Yes!" Sandy yells.

Soda stumbles back a few steps before running his hands through his drenched hair "well I hope your happy with that soc" Soda says before turning around and running off. 

Sandy stood dumbfounded for a few seconds before turning and walking off to a nearby house.

I shut my window and sat on the floor. I just witnessed Sandy's and Soda's break break up. I was so confused. Soda loved Sandy, and I thought Sandy loved Soda. So why did they break up? What were they talking about?

I sat there trying to come up with a reasonable explanation on what could have happened. "Holy shit," I said to myself as my hands came falling off of my head. My eyes were wide as I remembered why Sandy looked so familiar.

I was walking home from the little ice cream shop my mom and I always went to when I was little. I saw Sandy talking to a soc. He was a little on the rough end to look like a soc though. 

I didn't mean to ease drop, but I overheard her talking to him about a baby.

***********************************flashback*************************************

I was taking in the last few bites of my cones when I walked by a red mustang. There was a boy and a girl having a pretty serious conversation.

I didn't mean to ease drop, but I ended up doing it.

"Sandy. You have a boyfriend! What are you going to tell him?" the soc asked running fingers through his hair. "The truth. He will understand. He loves me. He won't hurt them or me." She says playing with her fingers.

"Are you sure your going to keep it?" the soc asked leaning back in his seat as if her were trying to relax. Sandy just nodded her head "and your sure it's not his?" he asked looking over at her. Sandy once again nods her head yes.