Chapter 61:

I didn't have to look to see all the greasers jumping onto the one soc; knocking him to the ground, my gang getting their first.

But I was looking and it looked painful.

Darry was the first to jump on him, tackling him to the ground, and I'm very positive I heard multiple bones cracking.

Two, Soda, and Steve started kicking at the guys sides until the rest of the greaser started to take their turns with him, all their soc friends just watching.

They knew he broke the rules, and now they had to watch him pay for it.

My sight was changed when Dallas stepped in front of me, his eyes going straight to where the stupid soc had cut me.

His eyes widened slightly, and I could feel more of my hot blood drip down to the grass.

It stung like crazy, but I tried not to show it.

I pushed back the tears as Dally's hand came up to my cheek, brushing the skin near it gently with his thumb causing me to shudder.

I could feel the pain radiate through out my face and I couldn't act anymore, "shit" I say instead of the vial words I wanted to spew out of my mouth.

"Even though I want to have my personal beating with that kid, I already have, so let's get you home" he says as he pulls me away from the grass field.

The walk over to the Curtis house went on forever.

The pain in my cheek has only grown worse, and some of the blood had caked onto my skin leaving it feeling very uncomfortable.

We reached the Curtis house and he brought me into the bathroom.

When he sat me down on the edge of the bathtub, I could feel something wet and hot coming from my thigh.

I looked down at my jeans to see blood had leaked through them in that spot, and when I tried to spread it further to see how much their was, I felt a pain on my inner thigh.

"I think that fall must've re opened my cut" I tell Dally as I shift uncomfortably on the edge of the bath.

Dally found some supplies he could use to fix up my face, and he set them down on the floor beside the shower/bath.

Another wet warm feeling came from my calf this time, and their was a hint of blood showing there too.

"And I got a new one from tackling that soc" I say with a chuckle at how I probably done more damage to myself than I did the soc, but my pal's were making up for that.

"You saved me Gracie" Dally says looking me in the eye causing the pain to stop for only a second.

"Can I see the cut?" I ask wanting to see how bad ass it looked.

"Sure" he says reaching out a hand.

I gladly accepted and he helped me up from the edge of the bath, and walked me over to the mirror.

When my sight was fixed onto the mirror my eyes widened.

It wasn't a clean thought like I thought it was.

It was deep on the corner edge, thin a little bit in the middle, then the rest deep.

Looking at it made it hurt even more and I quickly looked away.

Dally saw my pain, and he shut the door and headed towards the bath.

He started to run some water, and placed his hand where the water was pouring out and waited till it got hot, and then let it fill the tub.