Chapter 15:

It was loud. We made it to Buck's place and were standing on the porch waiting for Buck to answer the door.

"If anyone gives ya trouble just find us ok?" Two says looking over at me "thanks Two, but I'll be fine" I say giving him a smile back. I saw Dallas roll his eyes at me, but before I had time to say something smart the door opened.

The music instantly got louder and I could see the crowd all dancing, drinking, and smoking. 

"Hey Dal. Whats up?" Buck said letting us in "nothin really man" he replied. They gave each other nods and walked off. Two gave me a pat on the shoulder before heading into the crowd of people. Soda and Steve left with out saying anything and I was left alone.

Dallas was right. I shouldn't have came. Everyone was staring at me, but I was here now and I was not about to leave. I was going to enjoy this party.

I took a deep breath before walking deeper and deeper into the crowd. I didn't know where I was going or what I wanted to do, but I saw a bar up ahead so I decided to go there.

When I got to the bar I went up to the counter. The guy working eyed me up and down while licking his lips "well hello there" he finally says "I'll take five shots of vodka" I say sitting down in an empty table. His eyes widened and his face grew into an even more devilish smirk "ok" he says turning his back to get my shots.

He came back with five shot glasses "enjoy" he says giving me a wink before helping somebody else. I look down at my drinks "here goes nothing" I say before grabbing the first shot glass and bringing it up to my mouth. Without thinking I chugged it. 

It tasted terrible. It was like fire and acid were going down your throat. I squeeze my eyes shut while I swallow the last little bit of Vodka. I pick up another one and do the same thing. Only three more to go.

*Dallas's POV*

I didn't want Gracie to come to Buck's Party. I thought she would be boring and that I would need to baby sit her every second, but I was wrong. 

Gracie was the spotlight of this party. She was up on a table dancing while holding a beer in her hand. She would occasionally take a long swig of it then return back to dancing.

All the guys were watching and dancing around her throwing money at her like she was a stripper.

I was keeping a close eye on her to make sure she didn't do anything to stupid when a tall blonde dude helped her off the table.

He started to dance with her and Gracie kept trying to go back on the table. The blonde dude kept pulling her away from it and kept on touching her ass. I quickly got up from the place on my wall to go help her out.

It's not like I have a soft spot for Gracie, she was being touched in a way she didn't like, and she needed help. Anyone would have helped her out...

By the time I got into hearing distance Gracie turned around and punched the guy in the nose causing him to stumble back a few steps.

"What the hell" he fired at her angrily holding his now bleeding nose with his hand. Before he could attempt anything I stepped in between them "lay off man" I tell him. He eyed me up and down before turning and walking away.

"you ok?" I ask turning around to face Gracie. As soon as I saw her, her eyes closed shut and she fell forwards. I quickly caught her and lifted her up on my shoulders and walked out the door.

I carried her all the way back to the Curtis house knowing that Gracie's parents wouldn't be very happy if she should up late at night passed out being carried by some hood like me.

I opened the door to the Curtis house and was greeted by Darry who was reading a newspaper on his recliner "hey man" I say carrying Gracie over to the couch. Darry looks up from his paper and his eyes immediately shifted to Gracie "is she ok?" he asks about to get out of his chair before I stopped him. "Yeah, she's fine, she just passed out is all" I say laying her down on the couch.

Darry nods his head and relaxes. "I'll go get a blanket" he says walking out of the living room.

I stare down at a peacefully sleeping Gracie, her chest slowly moving up and down. "I didn't know she liked to party" Darry says from behind me "neither did I" I replied honestly. Gracie was a mysterious human being who I could not figure out, and It drove me insane.

I must've been staring because I was interrupted from my thoughts by Darry's cough. 

He put the blanket on her and went back to his chair. I moved from my kneeling position on the ground to the couch. 

I sat there still staring at Gracie. "You've got a soft spot for her don't ya?" Darry asks putting down the papers in his hands. I took a minute to answer, "don't we all?" I say as more of a statement than a question.

It was true. Gracie was everyone's soft spot Two-bit's, Soda's, Steve's, Darry's, Johnny's, Pony's, and even mine. I never knew that I would have a soft spot for anyone other than Johnny and Pony, but Gracie proved me wrong.

"She's a good kid. She's family" he says now looking at Gracie. I began to wonder. How could one girl be so mysterious, so kind, so caring, so selfless? She was almost to good for us, so what made her stay with us?