Chapter 52:

*One week later*

Tomorrow is my birthday.

Tomorrow I will be seventeen.

I should be happy that I will be showered with gifts from my grandpa and spending time with my best friends, but I'm not.

I can't help but feel absolutely terrified and nervous. 

Dallas and I are standing outside of my house gate collecting our thoughts until we head inside and introduce him to my grandpa.

He has never seen Dallas Winston before, but he's heard of him.

Not the side I know.

The street side.

The "hood" side.

He's heard the stories about Dallas Winston, and he's always told me to stay away from guys like him.

But in all fairness he never actually told me to stay away from him specifically.

I told Dallas that I want to introduce him to my grandpa before my birthday, but now I am regretting it.

"Maybe we shouldn't" I tell him, "we're already here" he says as he snakes his fingers between mine.

"Yeah, but theres always my birthday, he's less likely to kill you or me then" I say as I turn to face my back towards the gate.

"Let's just go. What's the worse that could happen?" he asks as he jerks me forward with his muscular arm.

I gulp, "you know whenever people say that, the worst possible thing happens" I say as he opens the gate, "we're gonna have to do it sooner or later" he says as he walks us closer and closer to my house which seemed to have grown in size as I stand by it.

We are at the front door now.

"Ready?" he asks me, I quickly shake my head no.

He gently squeezes my hand and opens the door anyway.

So much for 'am I ready'.

The house is quiet and empty when we walk in. 

He's not in the kitchen or the living room.

He's either in my room, his room, or the bathroom.

I'm the one now leading the way as I step quietly through my house looking for my grandpa.

I hear some drawers opening and closing coming from my room, so I stopped just before my room, and turned to face Dallas.

He gave me a nod signalling he was ready, and I turned back around and took a few steps forward so that I'm almost in my room. 

I take a deep breath, "grandpa?" I ask as casual as I possibly could.

I then take another step so that I have a clear view of my room, and Dallas steps beside me so that were both looking into my room.

"Gracie why do you have the-" my grandpa begins to ask as he turns around to face Dallas and I... with handcuffs in his hand.

His eyes bulge at the sight of Dallas, and then bulge even more at the sight of our hands intertwined, they then almost bulge out of his sockets as he looks back at the handcuffs.

"Oh hell no" he says with gritted teeth as his face turns red.

I am still shocked and completely speechless at the sight of my grandpa holding Dally's and I's handcuffs in his hand as Dally and I are facing him.

I look up at Dally's face to see that he has the same shocked expression as I do, the tips of his ears a bit red from embarrassment. 

"Gracie why the hell is Dallas Winston in this house" he asks in almost a growl.

I take another gulp still baffled at what my grandpa had just found... at the worst possible time.

"Why the hell do you have handcuffs hidden in your sock drawer? And why are you holding hands with this hood?" he asks as his ears become a bright red.

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

What do I even say?

I can't say anything, Dally and I are both dead.

Aw man I really wanted to live to see seventeen.

I open my mouth as if to say something but nothing comes out.

He doesn't break his cold glare off of Dallas.

"Answer. The. Question." he growls.

I gulp again.

"G- Gra.. Grandpa... meet Dallas... my.. boy, friend?" I say as I cower in fear.

He looks taken a back by what I had just said.

"Your what?" he growls again as he snaps his head towards me.

"Boyfriend!" I choke out.

He snaps his head back towards Dallas and takes a few steps forward causing us to falter back a few steps.

He then jerks his head to face me, "not anymore he isn't" he says in a strict, scary tone.

I take a deep breath and stand up tall.

"Grandpa I love Dallas" I say as strongly as I can.

His eyes narrow in anger, "he's no good Gracie, he's only going to hurt you!" he snaps at me causing me to jump.

"Sir. I love your granddaughter, and I would never hurt her" Dallas steps in causing me to jump again.

I was just very on edge.

His head slowly turns to face Dallas and he gives him the biggest death stare I have ever seen.

"You will not touch my granddaughter, you will not lay eyes on her. You two are no longer able to see each other-" he was about to go on before I cut him off.

"Grandpa please!" I yell causing him to change his death glare from Dallas to me.

"I love him. He loves me. We are staying together. We both just wanted to tell you before my birthday. Dallas and I have been seeing each other for a while now, and we are both so happy. I am sooo happy. So please grandpa. Please" I beg, my eyes getting watery.

His death glare softened a bit and he lowered his hands a bit which were flying all over the place as he swung them around in anger, still holding the handcuffs.

He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, "okay" he says as he opens his eyes.

I relaxed, and I could feel Dallas relax with me.

"I will let you two see each other, but I swear if you hurt her, you will be wishing you were never born" he growls as he stomps out of my room.

He stops in the hall and spins around, "and I swear if I see any funny business going on, I will be the first to make sure you two never see each other again" he says as he hold up the handcuffs.

My face goes red in embarrassment and I quickly cover my face with my hands.

I could hear the stomps as my grandpa walks away from my room.

I relaxed a bit, and took my face out of my hands, my face still red.

"I told you" I tell him as I think back to the horrified face my grandpa had as he pulled the handcuffs out of my drawer.

"We only ever used them once" I say.

Okay so I had a little bit of a funny, but much needed chapter.

I enjoyed writing this chapter very much, I hope you did too.

What do you think about Gracie and Dally telling Gracie's grandpa about their relationship? 

How did you think it was gonna happen?

Were you happy with the way it turned out?

Till the next chapter! Bye!